• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pregnant Florida Mom Uses AR-15 to Kill Home Intruder

MachineHead

NES Member
From nypost.com

A pregnant woman is credited with saving the lives of her husband and daughter after she used an AR-15 to fatally gun down a home intruder, a report said.
The hero mom sprung into action when two intruders entered the family’s Lithia, Fla. home last week and pistol whipped her husband while violently grabbing their daughter, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
“They came in heavily hooded and masked,” the husband, Jeremy King, told Bay News 9.
“As soon as they had got the back door opened, they had a pistol on me and was grabbing my 11-year-old daughter.”
The robbers then pistol-whipped King and kicked him while the man’s wife, who is eight months pregnant, retreated into the bedroom.
“When he came toward the back door in her line of sight, she clipped him,” King told the outlet. “He made it from my back door to roughly 200 feet out in the front ditch before the AR did its thing.”
Police said in a press conference that they found the man’s dead body lying in the ditch nearby. The second suspect was on the loose.
The homeowner said he took a “severe beating,” but credited his wife for saving him.
“I’ve got a fractured eye socket, a fractured sinus cavity, a concussion, 20 stitches and three staples in my head,” said King.
“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it. [My wife] evened the playing field and kept them from killing me.”

Great job, ma’am !

Did she really need an AR? Did she really need a gun? Maybe a slingshot would have worked against the intruder that sought to kill her, her husband, daughter and her unborn child?

"Investigators said they do not believe the break-in was a random home invasion."

Are they saying this just to quiet other neighbors or do they believe there was a familiarity between the home invaders and the occupants of that residence?

"she clipped him"

Epic
"heavily hooded"

Clearly these were some bad hombres.

In Massachusetts, it's illegal to be heavily hooded - but you can be lightly hooded.

However, if you have a pre ban hood, you can be heavily hooded.

From nypost.com

A pregnant woman is credited with saving the lives of her husband and daughter after she used an AR-15 to fatally gun down a home intruder, a report said.
The hero mom sprung into action when two intruders entered the family’s Lithia, Fla. home last week and pistol whipped her husband while violently grabbing their daughter, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
“They came in heavily hooded and masked,” the husband, Jeremy King, told Bay News 9.
“As soon as they had got the back door opened, they had a pistol on me and was grabbing my 11-year-old daughter.”
The robbers then pistol-whipped King and kicked him while the man’s wife, who is eight months pregnant, retreated into the bedroom.
“When he came toward the back door in her line of sight, she clipped him,” King told the outlet. “He made it from my back door to roughly 200 feet out in the front ditch before the AR did its thing.”
Police said in a press conference that they found the man’s dead body lying in the ditch nearby. The second suspect was on the loose.
The homeowner said he took a “severe beating,” but credited his wife for saving him.
“I’ve got a fractured eye socket, a fractured sinus cavity, a concussion, 20 stitches and three staples in my head,” said King.
“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it. [My wife] evened the playing field and kept them from killing me.”

Great job, ma’am !
The media: Quick, let's burry this story so it doesn't get used to articulate that it makes sense to keep a rifle for home defense.

"Investigators said they do not believe the break-in was a random home invasion."

Are they saying this just to quiet other neighbors or do they believe there was a familiarity between the home invaders and the occupants of that residence?

The victim husband who got pistol-whipped apparently is "known" to authorities for drug dealing. Presumbably, they believe he was targeted for drugs/cash.

This is a really good case for keeping an AR in your bedroom. Most folks keep a pistol and spare magazine in the nightstand safe. But when you think about it, why give the bad guys a chance in a "fair" fight? Thirty rounds from a short barrel AR, a good weapon light and a pissed off attitude, will likely trump some a**h*** with a Glock and bad intentions.
Hmmm. I may have to rethink this whole home defense approach.

Protect your hearing while AR15'ing bad guys, make suppressors great again!
Oh boy - I wish.
I would imagine that firing a short barrel AR indoors would cause some serious ear ringing.
One of my AR's has a 14.5" barrel (16 with the muzzle brake). It is pretty loud. Like rattle your chest loud. I guess you could keep some hearing protection handy, but you damn well better throw those suckers under the bed when the popo show up! Try explaining that . Maybe some foamies? Better than nothing.
It really does suck that suppressors are verbotten in Mass. Ridiculous law. Has there ever even been a criminal shooting committed with a suppressed rifle? I can't think of ever hearing of one.
I guess I will stick with my current nightstand set up, for now. 226 w/ lazer light combo. Nightstand.JPG

Back
Top Bottom