Preferred replacement AR15 barrel

Do you know if Ballistic Advantage dimples the barrel for gas block. I have read they do and then some say they don't. Sent an email out to them but figured I would ask here. Thanks

Hmm... Been a while since I built the 6.5CM upper with their barrel. If I recall correctly, they did. However, not all gas blocks are the same so with or without a dimple still takes some caution. Gas blocks 'should' be at the correct distance when resting against the barrel shoulder at that point, but I've seen one or two that were off a little- not the Ballistic Advantage, was something cheaper. One 'cheat' is use a length of thin copper wire to make a feeler. Might not reach for a really thick barrel but usually helps.

FN CHF or Daniel defense CHF

out of the hundreds of barrels I’ve installed these always get the best feedback and it’s also what I personally use on my rifles

you can literally see the difference in initial quality of the FN barrels over just about every other barrel on the market

Is there any one that stands out above the others? I'm on the fence but may go with an 11.5 barrel and SBR it. If not I'd go 14.5 carbine length.
if goig short barrel I personally would just go Green mountain. Im sure there are more expensive barrels also. Unless you want to get silly and make something different then maybe a 14" Heavy Varmint barrel ?
or stick one on these on there

I know nothing of this company but looking for other things came across this barrel, have a good gun smith cut it back as short as you want.
Im not a fan of muzzle devices---dont matter if they work or not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom