• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Precision Rifle Match -- September 25

Match flyer:

precision-rifle-2011_s1.gif

Nenameseck Sportsmen's Club is in Palmer MA.

**Don't feel like you need a fancy rifle for this shoot. Last year's winner used an M4gery with a first-generation Aimpoint.

Nenameseck IDPA page has info such as start time and fee: http://www.nenameseck.com/idpa

Please refer questions to Norm Bilodeau: [email protected] or Rick Tilburg: [email protected]

This looks pretty cool; I'll have to put it on my calendar. I'm not sure if Norm or Rick will read this, but do guns have to be legal under IDPA DMG rules? As in, can I put offset-sights or a scope-mounted backup sight on my rifle? Lasers? I've got an awful lot of rail to hang useless stuff on...

Seriously though; is a second optic acceptable?

Last edited:
Thanks! Time to blow some money on a new reflex sight, so I can lose with the heaviest, most ridiculous equipment ever.

Can't wait for this year's shoot. Hope this time I can get my brother to show up as well. Had a lot of fun last year & I'll bring the bolt gun again, this way I have a chance to win my division(if I'm the only one in it). heheh

For the record, if I make it, they'll be only one optic on my rifle. It turns out I'm not made out of money.

Nice but I have a scope and a reflex that could be mounted at the same time although they never have [wink]

Not having shot this particular match before, I'm not really sure what to expect in terms of close targets. Running my 3-9x is going to suck closer than 100 yards. I might toss the 3-9x on the rifle and just bring a spare Eotech, just in case it looks like I'll need it. Last minute attachment on the 3-O-Clock rail is always an option.

I've had my SPR build coming together for a while now, and was looking for a match like this to test it out. Past years look small enough that there won't be too many complaints if I suck.[grin]

Not having shot this particular match before, I'm not really sure what to expect in terms of close targets. Running my 3-9x is going to suck closer than 100 yards. I might toss the 3-9x on the rifle and just bring a spare Eotech, just in case it looks like I'll need it. Last minute attachment on the 3-O-Clock rail is always an option.

I've had my SPR build coming together for a while now, and was looking for a match like this to test it out. Past years look small enough that there won't be too many complaints if I suck.[grin]

I have not shot this before either but I am very interested and willing to make the 3 hour drive. I use a Burris XTR 1-4 so the reflex is not needed. I also have access to all things Trijicon and could borrow a TR21. We will see what happens. Most likely I will stuck with the Burris which has been OK for me from 3 to 200yards

Hope I can make the match.

Sounds like a good time, I'm going to try to make it, wish it went out past 300 [smile]

eta.. never mind, I have to work that day.

So how will you classify? One optic vs multiple or just optic/no optic?

Looks interesting what exit is Palmer off the Pike?

We'll just have the three classifications shown on the match flyer -- no distinction for multiple optics or none.

Palmer = exit 8 Mass Pike
-take Rt 32 north to Main Street Ware (8 miles or so)
-take right at the fountain onto South Street, go a few miles until you're near the top of the mountain -- we're on the right.

We'll just have the three classifications shown on the match flyer -- no distinction for multiple optics or none.

Palmer = exit 8 Mass Pike
-take Rt 32 north to Main Street Ware (8 miles or so)
-take right at the fountain onto South Street, go a few miles until you're near the top of the mountain -- we're on the right.

Thanks, hope to see you there

Back
Top Bottom