precision point firearms

I will post the exact interaction as close to word for word as I can. I am going to buy a FN FNX 45. He has them listed on Facebook. Another larger store has them listed as well

Walk in.
Greeting
Him - How can I help you?
Me - hi. I am looking at what you have
Him- (sigh) picks up box on table. Puts it back down
Me - what do you feel about this (FN) in comparison to the cz?
Him - (sigh) I have no comparison. The CZ is off roster. You can’t buy it. So I have no comparison. You can’t buy it so how would I know ?
Me - oh. Ok. Do you have this in only this color?
Him - (sigh). ...... you know ...... you know..... I don’t know if you are just one of those guys....
Me- just one of those guy?
him- yeah. Just one of those guys that doesn’t know about guns. One that just got a license and doesn’t know. And just asks a bunch of questions and think they will get the answers they want if they ask.
Me- I asked one question but have a nice day.
Him - have a nice day sir

Now.
Here is the issue.
1) This was a 10-20 second interaction so I guess I wasted all his time.
2) he is right I asked about a off roster gun. But the question was how he felt about the comparison.
3) yes I asked two questions. Not one.
4) say this was my first gun. How would that experience be for a first time gun owner to ask a question and get shut down that they dared to ask a question.
5) the price was a little higher here. But I like to buy from smaller places as I have a couple smaller stores.
6) I ended up buying the FN from a larger store and am in the parking lot of the larger store writing this now.

Not really, I bet that thing is gone. Basically anyone who has inventory gets sales. You have to be worse than the gun room or gun parlor to not get sales in this economy.

ETA: if this was 2017 this type of interaction would be worse for the guys business....

Lol have you seen the market in the past year?

So you’re complaining that he didn’t tolerate your tire kicking behaviors?

[rofl]
I bought one. 20 mins later elsewhere. I asked a question and was checking if I had a choice of color before purchasing the one he had.
Btw the question how do you feel about this vs this is just a gun talk question. I deal with it all day in my industry. I have a blank business. People talk blank and comparison to me.

I did not walk into his home and interrupt him. I walked into a business with an open sign

Last edited:
Hmm - that doesn't sound like Chris. I've dealt with him multiple times and he's always been pleasant. Wonder if he's so busy he's hired help?
He is free to dispute the interaction. But it was simple enough.

I bought one. 20 mins later elsewhere. I asked a question and was checking if I had a choice of color before purchasing the one he had.
Btw the question how do you feel about this vs this is just a gun talk question. I deal with it all day in my industry. I have a blank business. People talk blank and comparison to me.

I think you should familiarize yourself with this thread:

That aside, Yes, I agree the guy could have treated you somewhat better, but something makes me doubt it would really change the outcome here.

I think you should familiarize yourself with this thread:

That aside, Yes, I agree the guy could have treated you somewhat better, but something makes me doubt it would really change the outcome here.
I am very aware of the situation. If I had a neutral or positive interaction I would have bought it from him. I bought it elsewhere. I bought plenty of firearms from this other place. It is never positive but never negative.
I am sure he will sell what he has. And clearly he does not care that I bought elsewhere.

just no need to be a dick about things because someone asks a question, or you can’t get product or your dog died

I have not purchased a gun there but did buy some cleaning supplies and a tekmat. There was a 3 or 4 people in there and everyone was chatting it up. He helped a customer picking something up and a couple other transactions. Seemed like a fine shop and a good owner.

Sometimes people just have bad days. Or sometimes perception is not reality. It could be one of those. I've been in there a few times. He's helped with transfers and some accessories and the like. Never had a bad experience.

I haven't been to Precision since Johhny owned it... but from what I've heard and know, Chris has been a good help to us stuck here in Commieland.

Maybe he dealt with a bunch of tire kickers earlier, or people who have been living under a rock in a cave in BFE and don't know we're in crazy times - and they used up his last nerve.

I'm not disputing what you said, but just saying he's been a good guy in our court for years.

You're the consumer, and you moved on and spent your money elsewhere. I've done the same thing when I haven't gotten the customer service I expected.

Him - (sigh) I have no comparison. The CZ is off roster. You can’t buy it. So I have no comparison. You can’t buy it so how would I know ?

I can see both sides on this part. He should know there are ways you could buy it. But on the other hand, you're asking him about something that he doesn't have and can't order for you if it is off roster, so I could see not being eager to discuss it. You're asking him to potentially talk you out of buying the gun he does have in stock. But a decent human would at least just leave it as "I have no experience with them" rather than "how would I know?", like you're at fault for asking.

And this is why four seasons has grown so much. I spend about a grand on a gun and I want respect. f*** Chris and his moody attitude and all other shop owners/employees like him

Have nice day

2016: do you have an FNX 45 tactical in two tone fde with rainbow, mag extensions, tlr-1 installed and oh ya, custom fitted holster with my initials?

yes we have 8 in stock with those specs and accessories. did you want the suppressor height sights or factory night sights? it also comes with 100 rounds of ammo and a lock box.

2020-2021: do you have any guns?
nope
Ammo?
nope
Then why are you open?
Good point. Sorry we’re closed.

2016: do you have an FNX 45 tactical in two tone fde with rainbow, mag extensions, tlr-1 installed and oh ya, custom fitted holster with my initials?

yes we have 8 in stock with those specs and accessories. did you want the suppressor height sights or factory night sights? it also comes with 100 rounds of ammo and a lock box.

2020-2021: do you have any guns?
nope
Ammo?
nope
Then why are you open?
Good point. Sorry we’re closed.
Lol. Got it. Attitude free
F1D59211-AEB4-4CEB-B1E2-E546575F2F50.jpeg

To be fair, your questions sound a little unusual.

1) How is he supposed to know what you’re trying to compare a FNX 45 to? You want to compare it to THE cz that isn’t there?

2) Asking about any other colors rather than a specific one makes it seem like you don’t really know anything about the gun you specifically went there to get although the response could’ve been better.

The bright side is that having bad experiences makes it easier to pick stores you want to be a frequent patron of.

2) Asking about any other colors rather than a specific one makes it seem like you don’t really know anything about the gun you specifically went there to get although the response could’ve been better.

It comes in 2 colors that I know of so why is that a strange question? If anything it shows he does know the gun comes in more than one color.

To be fair, your questions sound a little unusual.

1) How is he supposed to know what you’re trying to compare a FNX 45 to? You want to compare it to THE cz that isn’t there?

The bright side is that having bad experiences makes it easier to pick stores you want to be a frequent patron of.
It’s all good.
Go to buy a car. Hey. How do you think this mustang compares to this camaro you are sell?
Oh. Yeah. Blank and blank.
Different thing and with todays Market he doesn't need to "sell"
Everything sells itself.
But it is a little weird when you are expected to stay silent, hand out the money, know everything, shut up and take what you get.
Little balance

Let not be ignorant about his knowledge He is a pro. I am just “one of those guys”. He knows it’s off roster. He can say “I can’t buy it”, how dare you ask me such a stupid question or he can just say he doesn’t know much about it without talking down to another human.

clearly this is not my first purchase. If this was my first purchase it would be worse. walk the person through it. Humor them a little

I asked a pro about what he thought about something in his industry while no one is in the store.

his post says he had three of the FN. He had one black one on display. I asked if he had any other colors available.

I would have taken the black or the other option if was available.

I know how it is Available and the colors it is Available in. Say I did not know and asked that same question. You answer the question
What is more difficult
1) I only have it in black
2) oh.. You are one of those? You just ask questions until you get the answer you want

Either way it was no gun for you!

but as a human to human interaction he is clearly a dick to some people. Why to me? I don’t know. That is on him.

this whole thing took around 20 seconds. I am not asking a thousand questions. We had two questions and 20 seconds. I bought it elsewhere and all the stuff to go with it and it took a total of 15 minutes with background check. And gasp! They answered a question I had

Last edited:
It comes in 2 colors that I know of so why is that a strange question? If anything it shows he does know the gun comes in more than one color.
Wouldn’t hurt to be more precise. Could also be asking for a list of colors. It’s like the difference between asking
Do you have the Scar in fde available?
Do you have the Scar only in this color? (I’m hoping pink is an option.)

Back
Top Bottom