• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Precision Point Firearms - Woburn, MA

OCB

I purchased a handgun in NH and decided to use Precision Point Firearms to transfer my gun into MA. The customer service I received was EXCELLENT. The dealer in NH had apparently been inconvenienced a couple of times when selling guns to MA residents only to find that the gun wasn't on the EOPS list or something and had to be returned. Because of this, he required the receiving FFL to jump through some additional hoops before he would transfer the gun out. Unfortunately, I didn't know this until after I had asked PPF to receive the gun, and felt that he would have been well within his right to decline to transfer the gun in for me after learning that the process would be more onerous on his part. However, he never hesitated after I informed him of the seller's additional requirements. He supplied all of the required paperwork to the NH dealer on a Sunday, within about 30 minutes of the request. Throughout the process he was very quick to return phone calls and texts (seemingly a preferred method of communication), and he was able to transfer the gun to me the same day that he received it. He has some unusual hours for the time being, but they are actually great for people who work a 'normal' workday.
He didn't have his retail store set up yet, but he let me fondle his class III toys while we waited for the background checks to go through, so I didn't care[smile].

tl;dr: Nice guy, excellent customer service, excellent communication, low transfer price. Will definitely use his services again.

Just had a Gen 2 G19 from AIM Surplus transferred to me today. Johnny is a good guy, and it's great to have a place to do transfers for a reasonable price without all the hassle. I will definitely be calling him whenever I need something transferred.

Hope these guys can get going soon with the full service shop. Or maybe i don't lol. I'll be in the poor farm.

I also got a glock 19 from AIM and had John do the transfer. He's open awesome hours that people who work during the day can actually make it to the shop. Did the transfer at 7 on a Sunday night and only 20 bucks. Good guy hope to do more business with.

I transferred 3 lowers with John this morning. He has a nice setup, I was the only one there at the time and didn't have to wait. You get to sit in a chair and play with John's various cool toys while he fills out the paperwork. If you end up having to wait don't worry, there is a couch.

It's a lot nicer than the busier stores where you have to wait for your turn to get help, then your turn at the limited set of registers, and then again while they fumble through the computer they aren't familiar with.

Just did a transfer tonite here (yes on a SUNDAY night) and it was a great experience! Johnny is one of the most knowledgeable dealers I've dealt with and very pleasant as well. Can't beat the price either, I don't know anywhere else that has a $20 transfer fee in MA. I'll definitely be doing more business with him in the future. Thanks Johnny!

Oh and yeah he definitely has some very cool toys as well ;-)

+1
I will be heading back that way in the future- good experience.
Just did a transfer tonite here (yes on a SUNDAY night) and it was a great experience! Johnny is one of the most knowledgeable dealers I've dealt with and very pleasant as well. Can't beat the price either, I don't know anywhere else that has a $20 transfer fee in MA. I'll definitely be doing more business with him in the future. Thanks Johnny!

Oh and yeah he definitely has some very cool toys as well ;-)

None of this news shocks me. Normal for him is an insane level of responsibility and professionalism. He introduced me to firearms in MA, did my first class with, and is the reason I carry today and am on NES.

Quick service, affordable, and very professional! I did a transfer through Johnny and even though he had a room filling up with people to do transfers, he was very polite and quick. Like others said, I got to ogle at his personal collection while the paperwork was being processed. He's a stand up guy and I can't wait until he gets more inventory. I'll definitely give him my future business.

Another plug for Johnny and Precision Point Firearms. I had 3 lowers from recent group buys transferred through them the other day and while I was there even bought another item that was on my want list. [smile] It gets better though, as I forgot my debit card there and Johnny went out of his way to arrange to meet up with me the next day so I could get it back. I then had a question regarding my purchase and Johnny got right back to me and sorted out my questions.

I have a few items on my wish list for next year and I will be definitely be going to Precisions Point first!

I will give a thumbs up, been looking for someone to order me the new RRA lar 47 and get the needed updates. Price was right and didnt get the run around as so many others did? If all goes well I will be seeing him after the holidays....

I just picked up my new gun from John tonight. I had a very good experience and hope to be back soon. He is very knowledgable and is quick to answer PM's and emails which is nice as well. He also has a flexible schedule which is very convienient. If someone is looking to order a gun, do a transfer or take a class I would definitely recommend someone use Precision Point Firearms. I have a few friends I have been trying to take the basic firearms safety course. Now, maybe I can talk them into going there.

Awesome guy...and donating all money for FFL transfers in the month of January to COMM2A...now THAT'S a stand up business owner. Transferred my M&P 10 through him the other day, and am waiting on my blemished lower from PSA and all my QD stuff which will be going through him also. I live near Worcester, but will go an hour out of my way to deal with John when possible.

Great guy, super communication, went way above and beyond dealing with a unorganized sending FFL. Will certainly do business with again.

Chris

My best friend and I met Johnny last night, had a great sit down and chat about doing business with him. He was very personable and knowledgeable, and I'd have to say it's really looking like I found "my guy". I look forward to giving him some business very soon, two thumbs up!

Johnny helped me out big time last night. I had a couple of Glocks I needed trijicon night sights put on. He has the right tools and skills for the job and we got things squared away pretty quickly. The end result was perfect. He has the necessary tooling to change sights on most handguns, so that helps.

His shop fulfills a critical need in the region, and the location is great. particularly given the hours he's usually available is when other shops are closed, which is a HUGE plus. Working men and women can easily make time to get over there rather than being constrained by the "bankers hours" a lot of shops run, which work fine if you're retired, but the rest of us in the real world are working. I see myself doing a lot of business with him in the future. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone wanting to do a transfer, etc- not to mention, his pricing on such is unbeatable. Even if I lived in western MA I'd rather come out and do a transfer there than a lot of the other shops in this state that basically treat you like crap if you want to do a transfer! Not to mention, if you're looking for an affordable MA Compliant AR-15 or Pre-98 Glock handgun, he has plenty available, or can order anything you need.

-Mike

Last edited:
Have to agree with the above. Always pleasant, incredibly knowledgable and helpful. Bar none, the best part beyond those is his hours. Being available outside the typical 9-5 or 6 most shops are open allows those of us who work for a living to enlist his services. Only question I have is when does he sleep?!?

Great guy and full of information. I had a shotgun transferred to him and he put everything together and had it ready for me. During the paperwork, we had a great discussion about his business, will definitely be back and would recommend him to anyone. Hours are great for the working-class person.
Oh, as a tease, he let me fondle his Barrett rifle (50cal). The rifle was a beauty and a beast.

He lets a ton of people fondle his barrels. that's why the couch is in there. heh heh

Great guy and full of information. I had a shotgun transferred to him and he put everything together and had it ready for me. During the paperwork, we had a great discussion about his business, will definitely be back and would recommend him to anyone. Hours are great for the working-class person.
Oh, as a tease, he let me fondle his Barrett rifle (50cal). The rifle was a beauty and a beast.

Was told they wouldn't do a transfer even though handgun is on roster and passed AG testing (at the time of production, don't know if that matters). I'm disappointed. Don't plan on doing any future transactions with them.

Was told they wouldn't do a transfer even though handgun is on roster and passed AG testing (at the time of production, don't know if that matters). I'm disappointed. Don't plan on doing any future transactions with them.

You should hold off passing judgement . He probably has a good reason right now .

Which handgun was it?

Back
Top Bottom