• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Precision 22 Match: Reading MA, September 12th

Hello Everyone;

Our next 22 Precision Rifle match will be on SATURDAY, September 12th. These are PRS/NRL style matches but with .22 LR. Lots of fun and low key event. Come out and give it a try.

Address: Reading Rifle and Revolver Association

62 Range Rd
Reading MA , 01867
Match Fee: $25.00 Cash at the match
Match Begins: 9AM
Format: 10 Stages, 2 min/stage

If you have any questions about the match feel free to reach out.
Even if you have a single shot rifle or 5 round magazine we can have modified stages for you to try out if you'd like.
See you on the 12th.

Registration Link Below: (Would Appreciate if you register but not 100% needed)

i hope to get to one of these. My attempt to get something going down this way have failed

i hope to get to one of these. My attempt to get something going down this way have failed
Feel free to come on by. We keep it low key and have a good time. The plan is running one match a month all year. The more we grow the match the more fun it will be and the move we can invest back into it. If you have any specific question feel free to ask.

Thought about trying this. A few questions:
  • 10 shots per stage? Total 100 shots for this match?
  • Distances shot at Reading? Min to Max?
  • Size of target at min distance? Size at max distance?
  • Need a bipod mounted, correct?

Last edited:
@Alex Roy yeah I've got a bunch of questions as well. I checked the Reading Rifle site to see if there was more details but this match isn't listed there.

Can you post all the details of this match and how it works please? Thanks

I found this in another thread, is it the same?

5fb8b959-f7fa-4d89-a7d1-dd139905c4e9-jpeg.377813

Thought about trying this. A few questions:
  • 10 shots per stage? Total 100 shots for this match?
  • Distances shot at Reading? Min to Max?
  • Size of target at min distance? Size at max distance?
  • Need a bipod mounted, correct?

Stages are typically 10 rnds each. There may not always be 10 stages though. Always bring extra ammo.

We shoot this from the 600yd line at Reading. The range is pretty much wide open and available from 25yds to 300yds. We can put targets farther if someone wanted to shoot ELR I suppose.

The smallest target is 1/4”. I think the largest one we have is an 8” wide IPSC. Nearly everyone has some success hitting the farthest/largest targets. Help is encouraged.

Yes, shooters will definitely need a bipod.

I was thinking of going with my Winchester 52 and bag rests. That's no good?

If you only have 5 round magazines we will modify each of the stages for you to accommodate but a 10 round will be much more helpful. If you do not have a bipod you can do without but it will make some stages more difficult for you. You will need an optic with easily adjustable elevation or it will be a rough day.

If you only have 5 round magazines we will modify each of the stages for you to accommodate but a 10 round will be much more helpful. If you do not have a bipod you can do without but it will make some stages more difficult for you. You will need an optic with easily adjustable elevation or it will be a rough day.

I've got a 10 round mag for it so that's not a problem. Can I use a bag in place of a bipod?

Sure, it will make it a little more difficult but it is doable. Longer term if you enjoy the matches it would be best to get a bipod. I have a spare one that attaches to a standard sling stud that can be used in a pinch.

Sure, it will make it a little more difficult but it is doable. Longer term if you enjoy the matches it would be best to get a bipod. I have a spare one that attaches to a standard sling stud that can be used in a pinch.

Thanks!

Hey I forgot I had one of these! That should work fine I would think?

pod-526-001.jpg

I'd like to do a couple of these at two different locations. Perhaps Reading and Granby? The goal would be to get some familiarity and perhaps run a couple at my local club. Not sure if I'll make this one- might want to heal up a bit before attempting different positions.

Nice to see some semi's in that video. Was wondering if bolt would be significantly better but appears to not be necessary. I do plan to head to Granby this morning and sort out the custom 10/22 that was my first build. My understanding is the official league scores are up to 100 yards but a local competition can include add-on ranges up to 300 yards if possible. Going to get my DOPE and chrony data for CCI SV and RWS Target Rifle ammo. Possibly Tenex if I have some left over. Stock is wood laminate- despite ordering it in the pre-internet days of black and white printed catalogs, it turned out pretty cool. About 20 years later Ruger began to offer something similar. I ordered some sling stud screws from Brownells so hopefully that will work for the bipod I have.

I see in the video that they are shooting prone. Is this match all shot from prone too?

I see in the video that they are shooting prone. Is this match all shot from prone too?

These matches all have some prone stages, but they will also have several stages fired from improvised positions off of specified props such as ladders, chairs, tires, cinder blocks, tank traps, mock rooftops, buckets and barrels, or whatever else the match director thinks up.

The possibilities are only limited by the directors imagination.

These matches all have some prone stages, but they will also have several stages fired from improvised positions off of specified props such as ladders, chairs, tires, cinder blocks, tank traps, mock rooftops, buckets and barrels, or whatever else the match director thinks up.

Interesting, thanks!

Nice, i only posted the video link as these guys from utah seem to have the most 22lr precision/tactical stuff for a idea of what styles are out there.

Back
Top Bottom