• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Preban Magazines Legal if disassembled? / Repair Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, please forgive me if this has already been answered but I was not able to find the forum anywhere or on the internet. My question is as follows:

Can I purchase and own a disassembled repair kit / Magazine. Basically what I am asking, if I purchase brand new Glock high capacity magazines as disassembled repair kit, as long as I never assemble them in MA - are they legal?

I live in MA but I shoot at training courses in NH and I am a member at the Pelham Fish and game. I am tired of paying double for used old magazines that have weak springs or damaged followers or better yet - not drop free! try doing reload drills with a couple of prebans that dont drop free when you also have brand new 10 rounders that drop free just fine... So my goal is to just get brand new mags as repair kits, disassemble before coming back to MA and then ressemble when I get to NH. I see that everyone is willing to ship full mags as repair kits in the dissembled state but does that make it legal to own? Thanks

Chris

Excellent question! I have wondered about this as well, but honestly, I think the only time it would ever become a problem anyway, would be if you were caught carrying it, or arrested and found in possession of post ban high cap mags. I know that doesn't answer your question about the actual "legality" of them, but hopefully someone like LenS will chime in with some of his knowledge in this area.

I really hope someone can answer this, I have no issue with 10 round magazines but paying double for them or not being able to find them at all is really becoming frustrating! if I could find 10 round mags brand new at a good price, I would just bring extra mags - I love reload drills anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom