Preban G17 mags $180 each? WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took a stroll through accessories classifieds and found these gems and about shite myself. Props to seller if there is a buyer out there for these but they might as well have a sticky with the model 10 stag grips and the flobert rifle that hung out in the rifles for half a century. Hopefully they‘re compatible with the porcelain Glock 7 from die hard or maybe they are Russian captured Vietnam battlefield bringbacks. But hey, who am I to question capitalism and free will.

Lol don't like the price, don't buy them. You need to shop outside of mass if you want a chance at finding ones not at rape price. Of course the flipper culture largely killed that, people would flip loaves of bread if stale bread was worth more... [rofl]

most square notch glock mags sell for 150$ these days.

i have two preban 33rders that are probably worth a pretty penny

Let me know where I can buy a new condition pre ban square notch (that is brand new) for less.
They have been going for $250+ on Gun Broker for years.

The ones on NES sold in a couple hours for $180.

Last edited:
Willing to pay $180 to carry an extra mag? Not me.

Not trolling, but the probability of anyone's mag emptying fap dream is close to zero. In the last 10 years, name more than one good guy / gal that died because they only had a 10 round mag. Yeah, I'd rather have more but I'm not going to die because I didn't buy a $200 preban mag.

Not trolling, but the probability of anyone's mag emptying fap dream is close to zero. In the last 10 years, name more than one good guy / gal that died because they only had a 10 round mag. Yeah, I'd rather have more but I'm not going to die because I didn't buy a $200 preban mag.

Rule of 3. 3 shots, 3 yards and 3 seconds if I remember correctly.

I do idpa, uspsa and 3-gun. Short of the shotgun reloading, I can swap a mag pretty fast.

I somewhat agree. Most of us are never going to need to defend ourselves with a firearm, but if we do I would rather have payed a premium for not being crippled.

I've also trained 14 years in Kyokushin, BJJ, and FMA, at some expense, and will probably never need that as well.

I also have a fire extinguisher in my kitchen that I will never use.

Life insurance? Well that's different.

I somewhat agree. Most of us are never going to need to defend ourselves with a firearm, but if we do I would rather have payed a premium for not being crippled.

I've also trained 14 years in Kyokushin, BJJ, and FMA, at some expense, and will probably never need that as well.

I also have a fire extinguisher in my kitchen that I will never use.

Life insurance? Well that's different.
"Hi-Caps" ARE life insurance.

Everyone seems to prefer square notch glock mags, because they drop free, when loaded with ammo. The u notch mags disengage, but do not drop free when loaded. How is dropping to the ground a advantage? If my magazine disengages, I don't want to be groping around in the dark for my magazine to reengage it under fire. I'll take the u notch. If the u notch disengages, I just tap it back in place and I'm back in the game.

Everyone seems to prefer square notch glock mags, because they drop free, when loaded with ammo. The u notch mags disengage, but do not drop free when loaded. How is dropping to the ground a advantage? If my magazine disengages, I don't want to be groping around in the dark for my magazine to reengage it under fire. I'll take the u notch. If the u notch disengages, I just tap it back in place and I'm back in the game.
I think the idea is you can blast away, hit the mag release your mag drops to the ground and then you can load a new completely full mag quickly and keep firing rapidly. Most likely ideal for providing suppressing fire or if you’re shooting at a lot of targets in quick succession. With the U-notch you have to physically pull the mag out and it adds some extra time where the square notch would just flow right out of your mag well. Also pulling down would take your gun off the target where dropping free would allow you to keep your muzzle upright with sights near eye level.

I think the idea is you can blast away, hit the mag release your mag drops to the ground and then you can load a new completely full mag quickly and keep firing rapidly. Most likely ideal for providing suppressing fire or if you’re shooting at a lot of targets in quick succession. With the U-notch you have to physically pull the mag out and it adds some extra time where the square notch would just flow right out of your mag well. Also pulling down would take your gun off the target where dropping free would allow you to keep your muzzle upright near eye level.
Not sure why you say that. My u notch mags all drop free when empty, the same way the square notch mags drop free.

Not sure why you say that. My u notch mags all drop free when empty, the same way the square notch mags drop free.
Then in that case I’m not sure. The only square notch mags I own are for the Glock 30S. I think I bought one U-notch preban recently for the Glock 17 but it has a large crack in it and certainly does not drop free Lol.

Then in that case I’m not sure. The only square notch mags I own are for the Glock 30S. I think I bought one U-notch preban recently for the Glock 17 but it has a large crack in it and certainly does not drop free Lol.
I'm referring to pre ban u notch, verses pre ban square notch. 30S mags are all post ban. I recently sold my 30S.

Square notch are fully metal-lined and so theoretically shouldn't bulge as much, therefore dropping free more faithfully than the U-notch. No doubt some are exceptions to the rule. They're also more capable of holding the tension of an extended baseplate's stronger spring.

I know all the statistics and I still like carrying the capacity my gun was designed for rather than some crippled version dreamed up by Joe Biden. Hell, my shotgun takes 15+1 just to spite him. America.

Bg7mlVlIUAArKBP.jpg

Be weary of buying ore ban couple of bills going through ma legislation going to restrict to 10rds including preban. Get them while you can

Also pulling down would take your gun off the target where dropping free would allow you to keep your muzzle upright with sights near eye level.
kind of a moot point after just hosing down the area with...say 15 rounds...and you still haven't neutralized your gunfight opponent. chances are if you both are still alive without a scratch, neither one of you were seeing your target well enough. and my guess is the amateur perp ran away after the first shot was fired anyway and no one noticed. so i don't know what target you would be looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom