Preban AR Question

glockstar

NES Member
So heres my question... If I have a Preban lower that was built as a complete rifle before the ban date can I put a Post ban colt upper on it with all the "evil" features?

Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

The reason im asking is because I bought a upper from gunbroker. The seller then relisted the item saying that it was illegal for me to have this in Ma. Now he is saying that because i will not pay him the fee to relist he is going to notfiy my local P.D because I was trying to entice/ encite him into breaking the law. The guy is utter B.S but just checking my facts.

The reason im asking is because I bought a upper from gunbroker. The seller then relisted the item saying that it was illegal for me to have this in Ma. Now he is saying that because i will not pay him the fee to relist he is going to notfiy my local P.D because I was trying to entice/ encite him into breaking the law. The guy is utter B.S but just checking my facts.

That sucks.
Many people will not sell / ship to MA on those sites just to avoid dealing with the confusing laws. Did he have any restrictions listed in the auction?

If not, kindly remind him of that, and try to work it out.
good luck

Tell him he can get bent and try to blow himself.

First of all knowing local laws is the responsibility of the buyer (you), so it shouldn't matter to him whether it is a legal configuration or not, since he is only selling an upper - not a complete rifle. You can order a pre-ban configuration upper from any manufacturer and they will ship it to you because it is not against the law being an upper only. Guy is an f-tard and you should report the transaction to Gunbroker.

Also, if you don't have any lowers in your house at all, you can own an upper with any evil features because it is not a firearm.

It's when you own a lower receiver where it becomes illegal.

I appreciate all the info im getting from you guys. I was sure I was in the right here but with the laws being what they are wanted to make sure I didnt confuse anything. I have only used gunbroker a few times and never ran into this type of situation let alone an individual who was so out of line and arrogant! You guys on here have always answered any questions I have and I cant say enough good things about NES, too bad not everyone in our shooting community is as helpful and honest as the people I have delt with and spoken to here. Thanks again to all of you.

I believe that the only reason anyone pays the premium to get a pre-ban lower is so that they don't have to worry about putting anything they want on it. I had my hands on a gorgeous Colt Match Lightweight a while back, but when I ran the numbers, I found it to be post-ban. My pre-ban (Match HBAR) doesn't actually have any AWB features, but it's nice to know that if I want to, I can modify it and not worry about getting in trouble for it.

I have to agree with you Rider. Also the price on the lower which is S/N'd as Preban was reasonable and condition was excellent so among having the freedom to do as I please with the rifle I also consider it to be an investment of sorts as there are only so many out there and in some capacity there will always be a market to sell if inclined to do so.

I have to agree with you Rider. Also the price on the lower which is S/N'd as Preban was reasonable and condition was excellent so among having the freedom to do as I please with the rifle I also consider it to be an investment of sorts as there are only so many out there and in some capacity there will always be a market to sell if inclined to do so.

Yeah, it's a bit of a Catch-22. My HBAR is near mint, so while I do shoot it, I really don't want to modify it in any way. I suppose I could build an upper for it.

out the seller so I can make a point of never buying anything from them.

Tell him he can get bent and try to blow himself.

Good advice.

Report him to Gun Broker

Also excellent advice. A stain on the dumb turkey.

I might also give him the local PD's phone number so he doesn't have to strain his brain to report you!

He's an ass, report him, tell him to go screw and move on.

You would be amazed how quickly folks in the free world pucker up when they hear MA mentioned in the same conversation as guns. He sounds like an idiot. Report him to GB and out him here for being a fool!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Lucky bastard!!!!

Also I agree on outing the seller so we can watch out deals from him.

Like everyone has already said, report the seller and then go to AR15.com and buy yourself a nice upper, they have some great deals on that site on the Equipment Exchange section. I blew a chance at an incredible upper with a Noveske barrel and all top equipment and hesitated 5 minutes too long :( Good Luck on your quest for a complete Pre-Ban rifle.

So I took the advice and have reported this guy to Gunbroker and have asked that the "F" rating that he gave me be removed. For all who would like to avoid the same situation with this seller he goes by the name of "37NAU" I have heard good things about AR-15.com so ill check it out, cant be any worse than the experience I had with this clown.

So I took the advice and have reported this guy to Gunbroker and have asked that the "F" rating that he gave me be removed. For all who would like to avoid the same situation with this seller he goes by the name of "37NAU" I have heard good things about AR-15.com so ill check it out, cant be any worse than the experience I had with this clown.

Good move and post.

+1

Back
Top Bottom