• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Preban AR Mags

chindogg

NES Member
I was looking for replacement springs and came across a sweet deal for Preban 30 rounders. Talked to them and unfortunately will only sell to an FFL in MA. You know the BS companies in other states don't want to deal with.... Any FFLs here want to work something out? You could make a killing reselling these things!

I wonder if you got a C&R (or anyone's) he would play...?

What kind of pre bans are they?

All one brand, or a mix?

What condition are they in?

Do you have a buddy in a nearby state like NH that you could have the company mail them to? If not, i might be able to help you out. ;)

FFLs here already sell pre-ban mags, don’t they? I could have sworn I saw them in some well known local stores.

Also, there are members here that sell them. More than one have them for a reasonable price, and there are a couple that are selling them for an astronomical sum (at least in my mind).

FFLs here already sell pre-ban mags, don’t they? I could have sworn I saw them in some well known local stores.

Also, there are members here that sell them. More than one have them for a reasonable price, and there are a couple that are selling them for an astronomical sum (at least in my mind).

Not at this price!

I
The more Pre-Ban magazines of any type brought into Massachusetts can only be a "Good Thing"...

I wish there were so many, I had to watch where I stepped.
theres a shit ton of prebans here. Just most hang onto them and take them with them when they escape

I was looking for replacement springs and came across a sweet deal for Preban 30 rounders. Talked to them and unfortunately will only sell to an FFL in MA. You know the BS companies in other states don't want to deal with.... Any FFLs here want to work something out? You could make a killing reselling these things!
To bad this vendor does not understand pre ban.

The more Pre-Ban magazines of any type brought into Massachusetts can only be a "Good Thing"...

I wish there were so many, I had to watch where I stepped.

This. They should be so common you can get them for the same price as new manufacture p-mags in free states.

Yep Simmonds/ Universal came with alloy followers.

wm_7212228.jpg

Anyone ever try the steel British mags? They look decent

Not my favorite. The bodies and floor plates seem thinner than standard USGI 30's. But they work and are around.
My concern with the thinness is durability of feed lips and increased chance of failure due to denting.
They are also one of the most difficult mags to disassemble for cleaning/inspection. The floorplate/body tabs just don't interface smoothly.
~Enbloc

I'm going to pass. These are CETME mags. I've tried them before and found they make excellent targets.

Oh yeah, I have some CETME mags, they're not great.

They're STANAG in theory, in reality they are a tight fit, jam, usually steel, and have an abrasive coating, and dont bolt hold open without swapping for a new follower.

speaking of pre ban mags I scored a bunch of these on gun broker not long ago def a collectors item I have a good amount of preban mags still in the wrapper I collect them image.jpg image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom