• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Preban AR lower pistol build

Is it legal to build an AR pistol out of a pre 94 stripped lower that was transferred to me through an FFL? This is a Colt lower and was a rifle originally from the factory but on my transfer paperwork it was not listed as a rifle I don’t believe (need to find it and double check.)
I’m planning on building a Mk18 and considering going the AR pistol route instead of filing to get the SBR tax stamp. Any information, opinion or advice are appreciated.

Just SBR it man. You have knocked it out of the park with first posts though! You're gonna get called "Maura" more than the wicked witch herself.
Haha I guess I’m doing something right then! But that was my plan from the start, but then I got talking with my buddy and he was telling me about his preban AR pistol and it got me thinking… and after about 20 hours of reading I’m more confused than I was to begin with.

Haha I guess I’m doing something right then! But that was my plan from the start, but then I got talking with my buddy and he was telling me about his preban AR pistol and it got me thinking… and after about 20 hours of reading I’m more confused than I was to begin with.

There are a few preban AR pistols out there. Most do not operate in a traditional AR fashion. Many do not operate very well at all.

Build an SBR... doesn't even have to be preban. And if you use a preban lower, well, engrave the barrel and de-list it so you don't have trouble selling when you're sick of it.

Back
Top Bottom