• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre Healy???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find so many people to be incredibly hypocritical of this. While I understand it was just a press conference, here's the most important thing to remember:
NO FFL IS SELLING A "POST-HEALEY" AR-15 IN MA.

Sure, they'll sell you a lower at the Mill or another like-minded location. But NONE are selling fully assembled post-Healey AR-15s. While they might act like a cavalier cowboy and shout from the rooftops that "press conferences aren't law!", every dealer has fallen firmly in line with her edict. That speaks volumes.

Is the toaster multi bread? You know bread, English muffins, bagels, ect
st_titan_121409a.jpg

That makes Marsha a Minor Healey.

Love the adjustable rate of fire on these things. 👌🏻
Dial-a-Yield, FTW.

Very depressing when you sit down and really think about it. An elected official running her yap, and citizens/business owners are scared sh*tless to do anything.
It’s because she has free (to her) resources at her disposal that can shut down and essentially destroy a small business at her whim. Whether she wins or loses a suit in the end is of no consequence to her. A disgusting abuse of power and taxpayer funds.

I find so many people to be incredibly hypocritical of this. While I understand it was just a press conference, here's the most important thing to remember:
NO FFL IS SELLING A "POST-HEALEY" AR-15 IN MA.

Sure, they'll sell you a lower at the Mill or another like-minded location. But NONE are selling fully assembled post-Healey AR-15s. While they might act like a cavalier cowboy and shout from the rooftops that "press conferences aren't law!", every dealer has fallen firmly in line with her edict. That speaks volumes.

Lol, this isn't actually true, but keep braying about it. And no, I'm not going to out a source or sources in public.

Lol, this isn't actually true, but keep braying about it. And no, I'm not going to out a source or sources in public.
You just proved my point. Unless you’re a super top secret NES moderator, you’ll never find an FFL willing to chance it. It’s all fake courage and rhetoric.

She won. Plain and simple.

Yes, she scared everyone into submission to her whims and wishes.

In the short term? Sure- but in the long term I think it backfired, and I think more people own both ARs and other types of guns now that the "AG wanted to ban" etc.

It's no different than the ongoing harshbarger era origin Glock bullshit. Glock - most "banned" handgun in MA, and also probably top 3 most popular in terms of ownership. [rofl]

Last edited:
You just proved my point. Unless you’re a super top secret NES moderator, you’ll never find an FFL willing to chance it. It’s all fake courage and rhetoric.

I'm not a top secret NES moderator, I found an FFL. But, I am a also a very loyal customer to my FFL. I don't go hopping around to every online store or every other LGS trying to get a deal. A lot of people's problems are easily solved, if they develop a relationship with a knowledgeable dealer. I am not saying to suck their balls and give them a handy. Just find a place that isn't run by a cuck, and build a good customer relationship. He might be $50-$100 higher here or there, but he will know you are there for the long haul, and take care of your needs. Two way street.

I'm not saying you are flinting around, and I'm not singling you out. But, a lot of the problems people bitch about on here are self inflicted.

Last edited:

Nothing top secret about it, anyone who isn't lazy can (rather easily) find themselves nearly anything they want. If all you do is read the email blasts from deli ticket emporium, then
that's all your going to get.

Also you're telling me the guys who transfer everything don't have courage? what kind of shit are you smoking, dude? [rofl]

The net result is the same, which is that free people get whatever guns they want in MA, despite maura's bullshit.

The defiance has actually been going since day 1, too, btw. You don't remember the "Strongly worded letter" she released not long after the first edict? In like the 2-3 days surrounding the edict, stores in MA sold over TWO THOUSAND of those types of guns "banned". Yeah, sure a lot of them cooled off after that, but if you think she stopped everyone, you're delusional.

The fact that crying newbs can't figure out how to use telephones or get out of their basement and won't buy a gun anywhere else other than someplace like MFS, FS or wherever is of
no concern to me. If they were serious they'd have what they wanted, instead of seeking the next crying towel.

Nothing top secret about it, anyone who isn't lazy can (rather easily) find themselves nearly anything they want. If all you do is read the email blasts from deli ticket emporium, then

Also you're telling me the guys who transfer everything don't have courage? what kind of shit are you smoking, dude? [rofl]

The net result is the same, which is that free people get whatever guns they want in MA, despite maura's bullshit.

The defiance has actually been going since day 1, too, btw. You don't remember the "Strongly worded letter" she released not long after the first edict? In like the 2-3 days surrounding the edict, stores in MA sold over TWO THOUSAND of those types of guns "banned". Yeah, sure a lot of them cooled off after that, but if you think she stopped everyone, you're delusional.

The fact that crying newbs can't figure out how to use telephones or get out of their basement and won't buy a gun anywhere else other than someplace like MFS, FS or wherever is of
no concern to me. If they were serious they'd have what they wanted, instead of seeking the next crying towel.
I got nothing after that. :)

Again, you’re missing the point.

I’m not whining; I honestly have enough AR platform rifles to my hearts’ content. This has nothing to do with my personal aspirations of ownership, it’s all about the fact that NOT A SINGLE FFL in the state of MA will sell a post-ban to an average Joe. You’ve gotta be a secret society member, apparently. Not a single FFL has taken any real stance challenging the presser unless it’s in a smoke-filled room (if they ever happened at all).

That’s such a red flag and runs so contrary to the overwhelming set of attitudes here that “Healy’s press conference doesn’t equal law”. Keep pissing on everyone’s legs and telling them it’s raining.

Her move was intended to get gun shops to stop selling new ARs more than anything... She knows if she came after us plebs that the state would be tied up in so much litigation her grandchildren would need lawyers... But gun shops are far fewer in number and, in her estimation, are on less sure legal footing...

Well it certainly worked......many gun shops did and continue to follow the edict.....so one can argue that it means something to someone.

Not me...and most of us, but until you can buy an AR at any dealer in MA....some dealers in fact, most dealers, follow her fake law daily.

This is a sad fact, but a true one.

Last edited:
it’s all about the fact that NOT A SINGLE FFL in the state of MA will sell a post-ban to an average Joe. You’ve gotta be a secret society member, apparently. Not a single FFL has taken any real stance challenging the presser unless it’s in a smoke-filled room (if they ever happened at all).

Except THIS IS NOT FACTUALLY TRUE. [rofl]

But keep reposting it, if it makes you feel good. [rofl]

Not me...and most of us, but until you can buy an AR at any dealer in MA....some dealers in fact, most dealers, follow her fake law daily.

This is a sad fact, but a true one.

Yes, the 10 people who cry and return to their basement pillow forts, basically. Most dealers do obey, only because they've rationalized their way out of it, like they figure they can sell
people other junk and still get that money somehow. Which right now, for the past 2 years at least, is 110% true. people will buy anything. And you will make your points on (whatever that stuff is).

If you spend some time talking to people, easily 80% of the people who get new AR, AK, whatever, in mass, are all post sandy hooks. These guys are not secret sauce bearers by any
stretch of the imagination,

"Joe Plinkster Mc Pillowfort not really serious the IIIrd" who has no friends who shoot guns (probably 1 box of ammo per range trip, used to go to walmart) well, he's shit out of luck, but it doesn't take much to get beyond that.

Even some of those pillowfort guys will just go wherever, and buy a preban (something). It's not like they don't have the money. They saved a lot by only shooting one box at a
time.

Again, you’re missing the point.

I’m not whining; I honestly have enough AR platform rifles to my hearts’ content. This has nothing to do with my personal aspirations of ownership, it’s all about the fact that NOT A SINGLE FFL in the state of MA will sell a post-ban to an average Joe. You’ve gotta be a secret society member, apparently. Not a single FFL has taken any real stance challenging the presser unless it’s in a smoke-filled room (if they ever happened at all).

That’s such a red flag and runs so contrary to the overwhelming set of attitudes here that “Healy’s press conference doesn’t equal law”. Keep pissing on everyone’s legs and telling them it’s raining.
1614033099264.png

Yes, the 10 people who cry and return to their basement pillow forts, basically. Most dealers do obey, only because they've rationalized their way out of it, like they figure they can sell
people other junk and still get that money somehow. Which right now, for the past 2 years at least, is 110% true. people will buy anything. And you will make your points on (whatever that stuff is).

If you spend some time talking to people, easily 80% of the people who get new AR, AK, whatever, in mass, are all post sandy hooks. These guys are not secret sauce bearers by any
stretch of the imagination,

"Joe Plinkster Mc Pillowfort not really serious the IIIrd" who has no friends who shoot guns (probably 1 box of ammo per range trip, used to go to walmart) well, he's shit out of luck, but it doesn't take much to get beyond that.

Even some of those pillowfort guys will just go wherever, and buy a preban (something). It's not like they don't have the money. They saved a lot by only shooting one box at a
time.
I was on your side until you started crapping on basement pillow forts. Its where I keep my tinfoil hats and Walmart machetes.
Im offended.

Except THIS IS NOT FACTUALLY TRUE. [rofl]

But keep reposting it, if it makes you feel good. [rofl]
While I understand why you can't post the proof of your statement you have to admit that without that proof you are just farting in the wind, bottom line is that SecondAmended is right you have to be a member of some secret society now to buy a non "pre-healey" AR these days and it sucks that community got divided by that c***.

I do believe you that there are ways that I don't know about it, but just think about it, you can't tell me because you are afraid that by telling me you get an FFL in trouble, this is messed up and this is something we ALL should be able to agree without calling each other names.

While I understand why you can't post the proof of your statement you have to admit that without that proof you are just farting in the wind, bottom line is that SecondAmended is right you have to be a member of some secret society now to buy a non "pre-healey" AR these days and it sucks that community got divided by that c***.
Gun buying and collecting is a hobby that literally takes years to build relationships. Even before the edict dealers were obviously more cautious if they didn't know you.
I think he is saying you haven't put in the work to be in a place to know where to get things you want.
I don't want to put words in @drgrant mouth. But I think the bottom line is to build your relationships.

Im not a super secret moderator. (If I were my call sign would be squeegee. Just a pipe dream....)

Gun buying and collecting is a hobby that literally takes years to build relationships. Even before the edict dealers were obviously more cautious if they didn't know you.
I think he is saying you haven't put in the work to be in a place to know where to get things you want.
I don't want to put words in @drgrant mouth. But I think the bottom line is to build your relationships.

Im not a super secret moderator. (If I were my call sign would be squeegee. Just a pipe dream....)

I will add that it doesn't take much to build relationships either. I'm like a gdmn introvert in perpetual recovery and I figured it out. Anyone can.

Or in some cases it can be as simple as reading an add. Armslist, and there are at least 3 dealer ads right here on NES. if someone cant find them,

I will add that 10+ years ago this sort of thing was a lot harder than it is now. (well, current market conditions aside). People were far more protective of
sources, and nowadays those things are basically nearly open secrets. The non dealer flipper whores are constantly standing over the drinking well pissing in it, but it is what it
is.

Ironically right now for cool stuff buyers the market conditions are a far bigger problem than "healeyban press conference edict bullshit" is.

Gun Parlor will sell you a brand new AR-15 if you’re military, and you don’t even have to abide by the AWB 😉

I think they suck but I think we have to stop this one here. [laugh]

Like kids, like.... seriously. This is like wandering around somewhere asking where the people who sell the weed are, and meanwhile, all you can smell is the stench of that
stuff in the air out in the street. And a door in a building opens, and a cloud of pot smoke basically comes out of it. [rofl] If you can't figure it out then you probably don't deserve to get high. (and I dont even smoke the stuff, just using this as an analogy).

Like I bet if Chuck Woolery lived in MA he would know where to buy a new AR. He probably dont shoot that much either...

chuck.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vvlqIK68r4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom