• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre-ban mags in NY

55_grain

NES Member
Someone in NY wants me to ship him pre-'94 highcaps. Says that " the 7 round limit was suspended indefinately. A lot of people here are just buying magazines because we have a year to get them and register them with our guns."

Go/No-go?

Thanks, NES [smile]

Next weeks headline.........."Massachusetts man arrested by DHS agents after selling illegal machine gun magazines to undercover agent. Further investigation reveals underground network of black market weapons on popular gun forum".
~Don't do it.

Next weeks headline.........."Massachusetts man arrested by DHS agents after selling illegal machine gun magazines to undercover agent. Further investigation reveals underground network of black market weapons on popular gun forum".
~Don't do it.
Divining the future. "NO GO"

The deal is they said they suspended enforcement of the law. The law still stands and was NOT repealed.

That means you can still be arrested and prosecuted. Don't do it, or do it without posting about it.

Someone in NY wants me to ship him pre-'94 highcaps. Says that " the 7 round limit was suspended indefinately. A lot of people here are just buying magazines because we have a year to get them and register them with our guns."

Go/No-go?

Thanks, NES [smile]

What NY law applies to what you do in Mass? If anything, I would say the person getting them is in violation. I don't think there is any NY state jurisdiction outside NY. AFAIK, there is no Federal issue.

Dave

90% of new yorkers wanted 7 round mags tell him thats all you can ship. sounds like bad news

What NY law applies to what you do in Mass? If anything, I would say the person getting them is in violation. I don't think there is any NY state jurisdiction outside NY. AFAIK, there is no Federal issue.

Dave

You are still reaching into NY. Think of it as a credit collection agency. My call center is in NY but if I call and harass and MA citizen I can still be prosecuted for violating MA fair collections act. It's one of the reasons why the AG has been able to intimidate ammo sellers out of state (granted, you are talking about NY law but the concepts are the same). I would just avoid until all this crap pans out.

You are still reaching into NY. Think of it as a credit collection agency. My call center is in NY but if I call and harass and MA citizen I can still be prosecuted for violating MA fair collections act. It's one of the reasons why the AG has been able to intimidate ammo sellers out of state (granted, you are talking about NY law but the concepts are the same). I would just avoid until all this crap pans out.

Rather than speculating, do you know of any legal violation that applies in the instance we are speaking of? There may be one, but I can't find one.

Dave

Last edited:
If I buy anything out of state they always put the legal part on the receiving party, including gunbroker - person receiving the goods is responsible for the legality of receiving the goods in his state - they are going to go after the person possessing them in the state, since they are not serialized, it would be all but impossible to prove where they came from anyway.

Talked with my best friend in NYS who I used to competitively shoot with last night. 7-round capacity bump to 10-rounds did not get passed. Do not send hi-caps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom