• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre-Ban Magazines

I live in MA (have pity on me). Can I buy pre-ban 30 round magazines from another state? For example, if I happen to come across a 30 round ak47 magazine made in 1987 from an online vendor, can I purchase it and have it shipped to MA?

I live in MA (have pity on me). Can I buy pre-ban 30 round magazines from another state? For example, if I happen to come across a 30 round ak47 magazine made in 1987 from an online vendor, can I purchase it and have it shipped to MA?

Yes.

Unless the vendor is a twit, such as Midway, CTD, etc. [rolleyes]

I found that out real fast. I've found 3 sites who sell pre-ban mags but none will ship to MA because "MA state law prohibits it" even thought it doesn't.

I found that out real fast. I've found 3 sites who sell pre-ban mags but none will ship to MA because "MA state law prohibits it" even thought it doesn't.

Been having this problem myself. If anyone finds a vendor who'll ship, I'd like to know. Maybe a PM would be better than a public post, though.

Been having this problem myself. If anyone finds a vendor who'll ship, I'd like to know. Maybe a PM would be better than a public post, though.

Put me down for this as well. Even though it is perfectly legal, please P.M. me rather than post in this public forum.

Sometimes there are other avenues - be sure to check the "equipment exchange" section on the AR15.com website.

Can you say "Pre-ban, 30-round AR mags for $8.50 each?" Yup - still in the sealed bag, with a 1986 manufacture date. And, if you do your homework, you'll find that many manufacturers stopped making mags before the 1994 ban went into effect. In that case, there is no way the mag COULD be post ban, even if the date-stamped bag is lost.

Here's a good mag reference:

http://magfaq.tripod.com/

If you have your LTC-A and need high-cap, pre-ban mags for your AR, you'd have to be crazy (OK, let's say spendthrifty) to pay more than $10 - $12 per mag. Just don't expect to pay that at the gun shop.

Back
Top Bottom