• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre ban lowers, uppers and complete rifles.

ely oceidde

Banned
I have recently seen ads offering pre ban uppers that have bayonet lugs and flash hiders for sale. I thought only a lower or complete rifle could be pre or post ban and anything else is just parts. Would someone more knowledgeable about this than me care to comment? Ely.

There exists pre ban lowers and pre ban uppers. If you are in MA, a pre ban lower allows the owner to name a cola panel stock and a bayonet lug and a flash suppressor. A pre ban upper usually has the bayonet lug and flash suppressor. But to put a pre ban upper on a post ban upper, the owner would need to grind off the bayonet lug and de militarize or change the flash suppressor in order to make it MA compliant.

Also, spend $21 and go green.

The verbage is wrong. There are ban compliant uppers and non compliant uppers. The date of manufacture for an upper is irrelevant to the legality. Using the word pre-ban on an upper implies it was made before the ban and is exempt from the MA AWB, but that is not the case.

Any non compliant uppers (bayonet lug and/or flash suppressor) regardless of manufacture date can only be used on a pre-ban lower.

Ban compliant uppers regardless of manufacture date can be used on any lower.

There is always a bunch of pre-ban Glocks in the classifieds[smile][smile][smile]. They must be the ones with bayo lugs, flash suppressors, and collapsible stocks.

Back
Top Bottom