• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre-ban lower with post-ban upper?

Thanks for everyone with your help with my GSG-5 question, I assumed as much but can't hurt to ask. Especially here in good ol' MA.

Another question that has been nagging me lately, and I haven't really been able to find a clear cut answer is this: If I were to purchase a pre-ban lower to an AR, and marry it to a newer post-ban upper, preferably a flat top, or something with a removable carry handle, can I modify it without worrying about my allotted number of "evils"?

Thanks again.

Absolutely, though I don't know why you wouldn't just buy a new upper with the evil features on it. Obviously once you put these evil features on said upper, it cannot go on a post ban lower.

Yes, i agree there is no reason to limit yourself to a post-ban upper unless you just like the look/feel/price of a post ban configuration.

I proudly take my Eagle Arms preban to the range with bayonet lug and flash hider and collapsable stock. If you want post-ban features; why not SELL the preban lower and buy yourself a couple postbans ;)

people will often pay a premium for prebans in MA

Back
Top Bottom