Pre-ban High Cap Mags in city of Boston?

I was recently at a gun shop and obviously there is mixed info being spread around so I wanted to clarify if anyone knows...

Does the city of Boston have an ordinance (not MA state law but city ordinance) forbidding the carry of preban high cap mags within the city?

The dude also said that there is another ordinance forbidding any firearms in the Boston Common?

Any validity to these points? Thanks guys!

So if I'm reading correctly it's a $250 fine the first time and $500 fine after that for carrying preban high cap mags? Thanks for the link, i'll read more detailed soon. Great info.

"The provisions of this act shall not apply to the possession of assault weapons, large capacity magazines, large capacity magazine belts, or other types of magazines or ammunition belts by persons specifically authorized to acquire, have, possess or carry an assault weapon pursuant to federal law."
Wouldn't the second amendment of the US Constitution be that federal law? Better call Saul.
Better Call Saul.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but there is reading comprehension failure here!

That by-law doesn't recognize anything as "pre-ban" since it was created 5 years prior to the Fed Ban!

That by-law ONLY applies to long guns, not handguns.

And finally . . . NEITHER Boston or the Commiewealth recognize the US Constitution as a valid document, period, end!

but it also says if you have a LTC you're good to go. pass thru, go to Boston gun club, etc. You can't buy or transfer in Boston, as there are no more Boston gun stores. The hole in the law, transit thru Boston, etc, is it doesn't eliminate residents.

If you're a resident, you're screwed.

On the other hand, there is no 'High capacity Rooster Board'

The board shall at least semi-annually publish the roster in a newspaper of general circulation in the city of Boston, and shall send a copy thereof to all dealers licensed in the city of Boston under the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-two of chapter one hundred and forty of the General Laws.

I was recently at a gun shop and obviously there is mixed info being spread around so I wanted to clarify if anyone knows...

Does the city of Boston have an ordinance (not MA state law but city ordinance) forbidding the carry of preban high cap mags within the city?

The dude also said that there is another ordinance forbidding any firearms in the Boston Common?

Firearms are expressly prohibited in the Common. As are skateboards. You also cannot stand on a bench.

Let freedom ring, gentlemen.

http://m.cityofboston.gov/parks/rules.asp

boston hi cap

from what i understand is that there is one but it can't be enforced and the police ignore it if you have a hi capacity weapon ltc

Back
Top Bottom