• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre Ban Glock Magazine Question

Quick Background

My Uncle passed away in 2002 (so during ban years). Him and my aunt have a place in Maine/Florida. My Aunt is now selling the place in Florida and moving to Maine full time. While cleaning out the place in Florida she found a box of pre ban gun mags. There is about 75 of them, including 20 Glocks ones (10 G17, 10 G19). The issue is from the pictures/research I have done these would "appear" to be post ban mags. He kept a ledger too of Gun receipts and he has a record of buying 20 "pre ban" Glock mags in Leesburg, FL in 1999. My cousin sent me some pictures of them and was wondering if anyone had any insight. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190110_122421.jpg
    IMG_20190110_122421.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20190110_122433.jpg
    IMG_20190110_122433.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20190110_122440.jpg
    IMG_20190110_122440.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20190110_122448.jpg
    IMG_20190110_122448.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 146
Depends on whose looking at them, but the people afraid of their own shadow/whining bitches would say they are postban. I would not sell them in MA for that
reason alone, even if I (personally) didn't feel in legal peril carrying them.

That said I have never once seen actual, HARD proof that most of the internet claims about mag provenance are actually legitimate. It's probably part of the reason why Glock has a "we cant verify when magazines were made" stance from their legal department.

-Mike

Depends on whose looking at them, but the people afraid of their own shadow/whining bitches would say they are postban. I would not sell them in MA for that

That said I have never once seen actual, HARD proof that most of the internet claims about mag provenance are actually legitimate. It's probably part of the reason why Glock has a "we cant verify when magazines were made" stance from their legal department.

-Mike

Glock has never clarified much to the irritation to the AGO. What we know as "preban" is a guess and nothing more. Could there be "preban" mags with non "U" notches? Unless glock tells us when manufacturing changed- absolutely.

Let's not also forget magazine manufacturers knew for months that the ban was coming- we have no idea what the stores of mags looked like.

Quick Background

My Uncle passed away in 2002 (so during ban years). Him and my aunt have a place in Maine/Florida. My Aunt is now selling the place in Florida and moving to Maine full time. While cleaning out the place in Florida she found a box of pre ban gun mags. There is about 75 of them, including 20 Glocks ones (10 G17, 10 G19). The issue is from the pictures/research I have done these would "appear" to be post ban mags. He kept a ledger too of Gun receipts and he has a record of buying 20 "pre ban" Glock mags in Leesburg, FL in 1999. My cousin sent me some pictures of them and was wondering if anyone had any insight. Thanks

You should probably hop a plane and go on down there and check for yourself. You might find some real pre-ban magazines, maybe even enough to pay for the trip.

Thanks, I kept reading that the caliber marking up high meant post-ban..but because of the dates in question and his records I question this

You're right to question this because there are pre-ban Glock mags with high markings as covered in Pat Sweeney's books on Glocks, in addition to people that own them. However, as has been mentioned 6,375 times in this forum, trying to prove it in a court of law in MA is risky and very costly, which also depends on your risk/reward tolerance is on using them.

MA: Identifying Pre-Ban Glock Mags

Last edited:

-Mike

Mike, I agree that the pants-wetters will whine and claim that "they know" that they are post-ban. Problem is that the gentleman died DURING the Federal Ban . . . which REQUIRED that all post-ban mags be marked as such. Since the Glock marking is missing on these mags and the deceased wasn't around to buy unmarked mags after the ban expired, they are further proof of what Pat Sweeney, Matt Mederios and myself have stated (and Pat wrote it in his book - my copy is dated 2003, during the Federal Ban) is true.

Thanks, I kept reading that the caliber marking up high meant post-ban..but because of the dates in question and his records I question this
It simply isn't true, but most believe otherwise and can't be convinced that they are wrong.

Everything said, I could easily see a PD and DA conspiring to jack people up with perfectly legal pre-ban mags. A sharp firearms attorney could prove otherwise, but the cost to the defendant in legal fees, emotional stress, loss of guns/job/etc. would be very painful.

I’ll take the G17’s.

On a serious note, what kind of documentation or receipts did your uncle have? Any chance you could post or send pictures to everyone or some of the higher knowledge folks?

Depending on what kind of documentation there is it could potentially help document and prove what Len was saying.

There is no receipt unfortunately..he just had a ledger of guns bought/ sold and other purchases like magazines...it just says pre ban Glock 17 and 19 magazines (10 each) Leesburg FL 8/15/1999 - $750.....it matches up to the number in there..of course I have no way to prove those are the exact mags...

Look Pre-Ban to me, my confidence increases based on when he died. I buy similar mags all day every day when I travel and see them for sale.

Back
Top Bottom