PRE Ban AR 15 Question

Ok found a nice Bushmaster AR in another state. This is a two fold question!!!! First I was told by dealer that unless it was sold in Mass. in 1994 or before, then it could not be shipped into Mass. He said "had to be sold in Mass. before the ban" I thought as long as it was manufactured before the ban it was PRE BAN???????? Second , I called Bushmaster with the serial number and I was told that this rifle was in research and development and was on the grandfather list. I asked him what he meant and he tried to explain to me that Bushmaster had several (he sugested around 500) rifles that were lowers only, and that they also had all parts to complete these rifles in stock. He went on to say that on the day before the ban they were completed but could not be shipped out (time factor). He told me ATF approved these to be PreBan rifles. From what he told me these lowers were found (in research and devel area)only days before the ban went into law!!! They had to rush and put them together, but did not get them shipped. The ATF came in the day before ban and check inventory and ap[proved these 500 to be preban !!!! Anyone here of this. Just to let you know this rifle has a serial number like L 0004xx, this would be well below the 051000 pre ban number. Any help would be great thanks j886

If ATF truly said it was a preban rifle, then you're all set.

As for the dealer, he's wrong. Have an MA FFL contact him and correct his misunderstanding.

It was a MA FFL that I talked to about haveing it shipped to him!!!!!! I think Ill have to find new FFL to have it shipped too!!!!!

j886

Back
Top Bottom