• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre-Ban AR-15 Mag Giveaway!!! Hey RG617!!!

I thought I would offer these up to folks either just joining this site or who are on the fence about going GREEN and becoming a full-fledged member of Northeast Shooters.

First a little about me - try and stay awake. I joined this site well over a year ago after wandering the information superhighway - joining and posting on various firearms related forums. It was our own "Adam_MA" who led me to this site after I thanked him for a daypack suggestion on another forum. Here I thought I was virtually alone here in Massachusetts - a black rifle fan with few comrades. I even got "the look" from members of my own club when I was sighting in my AR-15 National Match and had signs repeatedly torn down when I tried to start an AR-15 target shooting league...[shocked] Now, I have found a group of the best people anywhere and am thankful I ponied up $19.00 for a membership. The benefits have been amazing and I'd like to share them with my fellow enthusiasts:

• A superb group of people
  • Access to the Members Only Area
  • Access to Members Only Group Buys (several going on now!)
  • Access to members Only Meet-n-Greets and Shoots (one is coming up!)
  • A longer, more enjoyable sex life

Here's the poop: I have two brand spanking new DPMS 30-round AR-15 mags - just like mom used to make. These are 100% pre-ban, teflon coated, green anti-tilt followers and absolutely never had a round in them, or even been locked into a magwell. They are highly desirable, (try and find one) and yours for the taking. I will give these to one lucky non-member who goes GREEN between now and August 16th. I will even ship them to you at no cost! Here's some eye-candy:

DSCF0033.jpg

dpmsblackteflon1.jpg

Here's the rules:

• You must have a valid LTC/FID and/or be allowed to possess high capacity magazines.
  • You must be a non-paying member who goes goes green, (not open to existing paid members/renewal).
  • You must promise not to sell these magazines, (unless to a fellow member at a reasonable price).
  • You must promise to post something witty in the Members Forum at least once a month.

I will have Derek forward me a list of all new members from this date forward to midnight August 15th for the drawing and will draw a name via Magic Jester Hat Method, (MJHM) on August 16th...Fair enough?

Oh yeah: C-pher - this one's for you: "Can I get a sticky?"... [cheers]

Last edited:
Holy cow Mark that's an offer! I'd add that I got four of these same mags from the same lot/source and I've used them a fair amount with no problems. They look really sharp without scratches and they work like a charm-no need to replace the followers.

(Derek-close your eyes) Things is, in three months, you're going to find you'd gladly pay 3 times that much to retain access to this great community and you'll be amazed you actually got a mag worth $20 for free with a $19 membership. Heck, you might even be able to get a GOAL membership (see inside) with a $30 value for free with your NES membership. There simply is no other comparable deal in the world of firearms.

This is unfair to all of us who already signed up to be NES members!! Then again I would have missed out on all of the great group buys. [smile]

Sigh

I will be getting my LTC-A as soon as possible. First class I could schedule isn't til Aug. 26 though...

If I win, can ya hold them for me til I get my license?

Curses! I went green too soon, I tell ya! Story of my life...[smile]

Awesome offer and what an incentive to go green!

Thank you Mark!

Just what I needed to get off the couch and go green. The PayPal account is new, tonight, but everything seemed to go through just fine. Money should be in the NES bank as I write. (Hopefully not IndyMac)

If I win, I've got a reason to buy an AR! (Talk about the cart before the horse!) And if not, it'll feel good to have simply done the right thing. NES provides way more useful info than any $19/year magazine subscription.

I was with Ken M. at Westford for the NRA Training Instructor class this past weekend...word was NOT go green due to all the great Group buys and the adverse affect on the wallet!! Heck, at this point, I'm just going to tell the wife that if I'm in for a penny, than I'm in for the full pound!

Thanks again for the generous offer,

-ed

PS: NRA Life, GOAL Family Plan, NH & ME CCW and 42 cents (x2) away from being an NRA/MA Certified Instructor.

Last edited:
If I win, I've got a reason to buy an AR! (Talk about the cart before the horse!) And if not, it'll feel good to have simply done the right thing.

Its all good... I bought 25 prebans over the past month or so and my AR isn't due for a while!

Thank you Mark!

Just what I needed to get off the couch and go green. The PayPal account is new, tonight, but everything seemed to go through just fine. Money should be in the NES bank as I write. (Hopefully not IndyMac)

If I win, I've got a reason to buy an AR! (Talk about the cart before the horse!) And if not, it'll feel good to have simply done the right thing. NES provides way more useful info than any $19/year magazine subscription.

I was with Ken M. at Westford for the NRA Training Instructor class this past weekend...word was NOT go green due to all the great Group buys and the adverse affect on the wallet!! Heck, at this point, I'm just going to tell the wife that if I'm in for a penny, than I'm in for the full pound!

Thanks again for the generous offer,

-ed

PS: NRA Life, GOAL Family Plan, NH & ME CCW and 42 cents (x2) away from being an NRA/MA Certified Instructor.

Congrats and welcome Mainer! [cheers] You're in. For those of you who missed out - there will be 2 more of these given away in the Members Forum. Not sure how yet, but they're sitting right here waiting for a home....
[wink]

Hey, I got a gratuitous quote! NICE!

And Mark, that's really cool of you. For all you newly green members...when you get into the members fourm, it's easier if you just hand me your wallet...

I've got knives and holsters going on right now for group buys...so...

Get your mags....then get all the other things to go along with it!

Going Green

Alright! You convinced me. C-Phyer asked me a while ago to join and I have been really delaying. I am convinced. C-Phyer, where is that cookout you promised? - Justin

P.S. How do I get my mags... or am I being played with [laugh]

Alright! You convinced me. C-Phyer asked me a while ago to join and I have been really delaying. I am convinced. C-Phyer, where is that cookout you promised? - Justin

P.S. How do I get my mags... or am I being played with [laugh]

He promised you food??? Oh you poor soul...At least he didn't promise you beer...[grin] As for the mags, I'll be drawing a name from all new GREEN members this weekend. If the winner does not have an AR, or does not need them, I'll draw another name....

I just became a paying member

Thanks for the offer. It made me realize I had not paid to be a full member. The forum is a great place to spend time just browsing and the membership is less than What I spend on The Want Ad and the classifieds are dedicated to our sport/hobby.

Back
Top Bottom