• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre 94 10/22

The old Butler Creek Polymer and steel folders were fun...

iu

PB is better made, folding stock is a plus, and also get some PB 25 or 30 rnd banana mags and jungle clip them together! Saves time reloading at the range :)

Pre ban holds little value to me unless it came from the factory with folding stock threaded barrel and flash hider and a handful of pre ban mags.

Don't think it matters, they weren't ever banned here.
not banned but IIRC the Mass AWB mimics the Federal ban and as far as MGL goes the rules still apply. So if its capable of having a detach hicap mag if you put any evil features on it your now "manufactured" an assault weapon? Its all fun stuff.
If your getting hung up on a 10/22 with a folding stock Im going to gander that's the least of your problems/Worries

Technically it ought to have had the (well, "a") folding stock before 94, however the burden of proof would be on the state to say it didn't.
Maybe.

I’ve run across police that illegally confiscated weapons, then refused to return pre ban mags because owner could not prove they were pre-ban.

Maybe.

I’ve run across police that illegally confiscated weapons, then refused to return pre ban mags because owner could not prove they were pre-ban.
This is when a good lawyer comes in handy. Long story short
Had a family incident involving guns. All guns where confiscated as part of investigation . Few weeks later case closed went to pick up guns. Detective said this and that are illegal . Yeah NO. All legal and we want our property back.
Contacted lawyer ...chief called next day to come pick up all of our property

This is when a good lawyer comes in handy.
some people don't have the money to toss to a lawyer to get a few magazines back. assuming we're talking ar or ak mags, 2-3 grand to a lawyer for something like this can buy a whole lotta pre-bans to replace the ones they kept. of course you'd hate the law to one up ya, but sometimes it happens.

This is when a good lawyer comes in handy. Long story short
Had a family incident involving guns. All guns where confiscated as part of investigation . Few weeks later case closed went to pick up guns. Detective said this and that are illegal . Yeah NO. All legal and we want our property back.
Contacted lawyer ...chief called next day to come pick up all of our property
Doesn't always work. See Storm v. Erickson - Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc. (comm2a.org)

some people don't have the money to toss to a lawyer to get a few magazines back. assuming we're talking ar or ak mags, 2-3 grand to a lawyer for something like this can buy a whole lotta pre-bans to replace the ones they kept. of course you'd hate the law to one up ya, but sometimes it happens.
For a magazine or 2, no but for serval rifles and hand guns, YES. Also it does help to have a lawyer you used in the past. In your contact list. Lawyer I used said no charge unless it went beyond a phone call and letter.

Back
Top Bottom