• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prayers needed

My thoughts and tons of prayers to you, your daughter and your family.
I had to wait awhile to reply as this hits uncomfortably close to home...

Two of my teenage daughters were passengers in a single vehicle accident a few years ago.
My oldest (17 yrs at the time) suffered a broken neck, pelvis x2, leg x2, detached lip, broken jaw, lost teeth x4, punctured lung, pierced spleen, and more ... 60+ days in the hospital, & many more days in-home rehab.
There are ongoing medical issues for both my daughters.
And this was on top of her (my oldest) suffering bells palsy (facial paralysis) and other complications from a tic 2 bite a few years before that.

I'm certainly NOT trying to compare my situation to yours, just trying to say...
Be there for her... hold her hand... whisper in her ear, especially when you think she isn't listening/aware.
My daughter tells me to this day that she very distinctly remembers me squeezing her hand and remembers my encouraging words ("I'm here and I'm not leaving you") as she was being wheeled into the ER.

So, be strong (& cry when they cant see).
And keep praying, & don't loose faith.

I wish you all the best,
God bless.

Since asking for prayers on Saturday the last three days have been significantly better. I stepped outside the hospital last night and honestly felt a large weight removed from my shoulders. We are not out of the woods yet but the woods are not a scary now.

Thanks for your prayers please keep them coming.

Yesterday was another good day meet with neurologist. Everyone sees a large improvement. She is definitely getting better. We are in a much better place this week then last. Thanks everyone please continue to pray that she continues to improve and she stays healthy.

Thanks

Just a little dance: [dance]

Last edited:
Glad to hear things are looking up! As a somewhat new daddy, I am terrified of the thought of something bad happening to either of my babies. God willing you and yours come out of this, stronger and closer! :)

We had six days of steady improvement we got one of the 20 test we were waiting for back today the test results were abnormal we are all hoping it’s just a false positive they’re going to do more blood test tomorrow and send them away keep the Prayers coming thank you

Four separate blood test came back she has some type of auto immune disease, which is impacting her cognitive and emotional function. Today we start daily infusion to see if it has a positive affect. There is a potential for some nasty side effects, and also that it will not help. Please prayer it will be successful and she want have to endure nasty side effects.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom