Prayer request: Major C. Boyle 25th inf Vietnam

Boy its been a rough 2 weeks for me, Lost one of my gun team buddies to suicide, another to a heart event.

Last night I got a call from a close friend Sgt Dee, 25th Infantry Div., 2/23nd, 67-68 RVN that Major 'Chuck' Boyle has been the ICU for a week, with COVID 19, he's on O2, no contact.

A Little Bio:
'Chuck' rose swiftly through the ranks, earning a commission through Infantry Officers Candidate School in 1966. He retired as a Major in 1978. As a second career, Chuck spent more than 20 years as the Senior Army Instructor for Junior Reserve Officer Training, teaching thousands of rural Louisiana disadvantaged teenagers good citizenship and leadership at the high school level. He retired from teaching in 2002. He now devotes his time to writing, publishing, and motivational speaking.

Chuck was assigned to Vietnam during 1967-68 where he commanded a platoon in combat. During the Tet Offensive of 1968, he was selected to command Charlie Company, 3rd Battalion, 22nd Infantry, 25th Infantry Division. Among his many awards are two Silver Stars for gallantry in action, two Bronze Stars for heroism, the Purple Heart, and numerous other awards.

The motto from the 22nd Division is 'Deeds not Words'....Chuck has written three books and was working on a fourth. We're all broken he might die without a buddy helping him across.

Attachments

• B0C5E2AB-68C3-4410-8055-FCF1B748C3ED.jpeg
    B0C5E2AB-68C3-4410-8055-FCF1B748C3ED.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 63
Sorry to read of the losses of your friends and Chuck Boyle's illness. Chuck Boyle's credentials are most impressive needless to say. All are in my thoughts and prayers.

Boy its been a rough 2 weeks for me, Lost one of my gun team buddies to suicide, another to a heart event.

Last night I got a call from a close friend Sgt Dee, 25th Infantry Div., 2/23nd, 67-68 RVN that Major 'Chuck' Boyle has been the ICU for a week, with COVID 19, he's on O2, no contact.

A Little Bio:
'Chuck' rose swiftly through the ranks, earning a commission through Infantry Officers Candidate School in 1966. He retired as a Major in 1978. As a second career, Chuck spent more than 20 years as the Senior Army Instructor for Junior Reserve Officer Training, teaching thousands of rural Louisiana disadvantaged teenagers good citizenship and leadership at the high school level. He retired from teaching in 2002. He now devotes his time to writing, publishing, and motivational speaking.

Chuck was assigned to Vietnam during 1967-68 where he commanded a platoon in combat. During the Tet Offensive of 1968, he was selected to command Charlie Company, 3rd Battalion, 22nd Infantry, 25th Infantry Division. Among his many awards are two Silver Stars for gallantry in action, two Bronze Stars for heroism, the Purple Heart, and numerous other awards.

The motto from the 22nd Division is 'Deeds not Words'....Chuck has written three books and was working on a fourth. We're all broken he might die without a buddy helping him across.
Well, he’s got a buddy right here! If those commie bastards were not good enough to get him in country they sure as hell ain’t good enough to take him out with thier f***in tainted bat shit!!!! God bless Major Boyle and all our Vietnam Vets!

And sorry for the loss of your other brothers. I too have lost close buddies, to suicide as well! God bless!

Well, he’s got a buddy right here! If those commie bastards were not good enough to get him in country they sure as hell ain’t good enough to take him out with thier f***in tainted bat shit!!!! God bless Major Boyle and all our Vietnam Vets!

And sorry for the loss of your other brothers. I too have lost close buddies, to suicide as well! God bless!

Damn son you brought a tears to my eyes....God Bless all my Brothers

Damn brother, keep your head up man. That’s a f***ing hard hit. Thoughts and prayers out for this giant of a man and the others lost thru time.
Let us know if there’s anything we can do Rat, for him or his family.

Will keep you, your family, and all of your Brothers in Arms in my mind, and especially Maj. Boyle.

Back
Top Bottom