Pranksters show how horrifying Boston Dynamics’ police robot dog is by strapping a paintball gun to it

Reptile

NES Member

They're letting the internet control it. And Boston Dynamics is furious.​

The internet will get a chance to remotely control one of Boston Dynamics’ $75,000 “Spot” robots this week thanks to a mysterious startup company. Not only that, the robot will even come equipped with a paintball gun for added mayhem.

The campaign, dubbed "Spot's Rampage," is the brainchild of MSCHF, a New York-based company know for its outrageous publicity stunts and product drops.

MSCHF has repeatedly made headlines for offering up bizarre one-of-a-kind items including holy water-filled sneakers and toaster-shaped bathbombs. No two campaigns from the company are ever alike, and its latest effort may be the most over-the-top to date.

On Wednesday at 1pm ET, MSCHF will unleash Spot inside a small art gallery at its headquarters in Brooklyn. Users who visit the campaign's website will get a chance to commandeer Spot for two minutes before another user somewhere in the world takes over.

Spot-campai.jpg

This is the future of terror attacks.
Just like a drone with a huge bomb.

What would be better against robots, 7.63x39 or green tip 556 ?
iu
iu

Robotic dogs shooting actual dogs.
I can see it now.

I'm proud of you.

As far as boston dynamics goes, I hear all their software runs on outdated RHEL. 'Recover' one of these from the field for me, and within a day I will make it misbehave. I have a Master's in Comp Sci, and I can safely say that giving real firepower to software is appallingly stupid.

What would be better against robots, 7.63x39 or green tip 556 ?

actually there are many things that would kill that thing, it's jammed packed with electronics, lipos and not ready for real combat. A simple stun grenade would f*** those servos up like mofo, the tolerances on those are razor thin to produce so much torque efficiently, they are not geared servos. A cattle prod would def f*** it up.

actually there are many things that would kill that thing, it's jammed packed with electronics, lipos and not ready for real combat. A simple stun grenade would f*** those servos up like mofo, the tolerances on those are razor thin to produce so much torque efficiently, they are not geared servos. A cattle prod would def f*** it up.
I imagine some strong IR lasers would mess up its censors too

Who here remembers about 20 years ago ( was it really that long ago??) when that company set up a rifle with a camera and people could log in and hunt?? IIRC, it was all a fake (no one had the shoot ability despite them claiming so) but they got a LOT of traffic because of it. And a lot of bad press as well.

Can it catch a coyote? Can I program a patrol route around my house for the nighttime hours? Or is it just going to try to steal my burger every time I look away, like my real dog? Because I've had enough of that crap, and robodog ain't getting my whopper!!! I mean, he probably could because he's a robot and I'm squishy, but still I'm going to go down with a fight.

Yeah. It'll be SO stealthy robo-hopping all over your yard on coyote patrol.

I'm slowly working thru Lupin on Netflix. He runs a drone into the main bad guy's house. The guy has something like 4,000 security people. NOT ONE OF THEM hears the annoying high-pitched whine. Sure. Sure they didn't.

I'm proud of you.

As far as boston dynamics goes, I hear all their software runs on outdated RHEL. 'Recover' one of these from the field for me, and within a day I will make it misbehave. I have a Master's in Comp Sci, and I can safely say that giving real firepower to software is appallingly stupid.
I have a GED from Ft Sill and reached the same conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom