• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pranksters show how horrifying Boston Dynamics’ police robot dog is by strapping a paintball gun to it

actually there are many things that would kill that thing, it's jammed packed with electronics, lipos and not ready for real combat. A simple stun grenade would f*** those servos up like mofo, the tolerances on those are razor thin to produce so much torque efficiently, they are not geared servos. A cattle prod would def f*** it up.
A garden hose would stop it real quick. I’m not telling how I know that though.

it's too late. The genie is out of the bottle for the killer robot dog.

Every invention is eventually weaponized. Why should this be any different....

Love that video, but too many people think it's real and not a parody.
Also, Boston Dynamics and iRobot hate these guys.
So does IM and a bunch of major hollywood graphics places.

Have you seen their Reloading videos? The Mario ones?

"To be clear, we condemn the portrayal of our technology in any way that promotes violence, harm, or intimidation," [Boston Dynamics] wrote.

That's their public face. Meanwhile, their .gov sales channel is portraying all that and more.

In February, New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D) denounced the use of the robot, saying it was being used to target low-income communities of color. The congresswoman also took issue with the funds being used to keep the machine, arguing it should instead go toward schools or other issues.​

Mark my words, they'll be using them to patrol the perimeter of the Capitol,
and she'll be totally down with it.

What would be better against robots, 7.63x39 or green tip 556 ?
Demand that they compute the value of pi down to the last digit.

I would be only a matter of time before LE strapped that thing with a weapon .
It's been done before.
They sent in a robot at Ruby Ridge with a phone on it and were calling for Weaver to pick up the phone to talk to them.
The only thing was , in order to pick up the phone you had to stand in front of the 12 gauge shotgun mounted on it.
Then they tried to claim he was refusing to communicate with them because he wasn't dumb enough to get blown in half.

actually there are many things that would kill that thing, it's jammed packed with electronics, lipos and not ready for real combat. A simple stun grenade would f*** those servos up like mofo, the tolerances on those are razor thin to produce so much torque efficiently, they are not geared servos. A cattle prod would def f*** it up.

Curious what effect you think the stun grenade would have? Do they emit emp? I’d bet that system has encoders or some form of closed loop control. Doubt you could just “nudge” it into an error state it couldn’t recover from. Built the the lipo would do it. Cattle prod MIGHT do it if you can prod something that’s galvanically connected to the smart bits, but I’d wager they have those devices hardened more than you’d think.

Curious what effect you think the stun grenade would have? Do they emit emp? I’d bet that system has encoders or some form of closed loop control. Doubt you could just “nudge” it into an error state it couldn’t recover from. Built the the lipo would do it. Cattle prod MIGHT do it if you can prod something that’s galvanically connected to the smart bits, but I’d wager they have those devices hardened more than you’d think.
I promise you that dog is not meaningfully hardened electronically

I promise you that dog is not meaningfully hardened electronically

I don’t think I’d take the other side of that bet. But I also don’t think a cattle prod would generate the desired result when applied to 60+% of the bodywork/panels.
EMP or strong directed EMF? I doubt it’s hardened against stuff like that. But I bet it’s not exactly chinesium either

Yeah. It'll be SO stealthy robo-hopping all over your yard on coyote patrol.

I'm slowly working thru Lupin on Netflix. He runs a drone into the main bad guy's house. The guy has something like 4,000 security people. NOT ONE OF THEM hears the annoying high-pitched whine. Sure. Sure they didn't.
Were they all over 50?

Hide out by an MRI
Crimeny, that would help the robot make the jump to lightspeed.
ZHSHDQ.gif

Fast forward three years and the first "Spot" robot has been shot by a perp during a hostage situation, in the very state it was built in.

The robotic K9 was shot and partially disabled, authorities said. It was the first time a Spot robot was shot during a police deployment, according to Boston Dynamics, the Waltham-based manufacturer of the robotic K9.

Back
Top Bottom