Practical Shotgun (wallum lake walls of steel) Sept 22 2018

chrismshanks

NES Member
walls of steel presents: Practical Shotgun (rescheduled date)

View: https://www.facebook.com/events/433780497123114/

the July event was canceled due to poor weather conditions

If you love shotgun, you'll love this (yes, tons of people using pumps)

if you love 3-gun/multigun, this event will help you ramp up your shotgun skills and try out your gear!

all this at the VERY shooter friendly gun club of Wallum lake

unfortunately, I will not be available to attend this event - I hope the rest of you have a great time

Any update/details on this match?
Start time, round count, # stages, etc.

This may be the first match I can make it to this year.

Any update/details on this match?
Start time, round count, # stages, etc.

This may be the first match I can make it to this year.

"The Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club has rescheduled its' Practical Shotgun Match to Saturday, September 22nd.. There are 5 stages of 20 to 25 targets per stage.

Registration is from 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM in the Pistol Pits and we will go hot at 9:00 AM.

Entry fee is $20."

Bumping this old thread.. is this competition going to happen again? Are there any other practical shotgun events in the Northeast?

Bumping this old thread.. is this competition going to happen again? Are there any other practical shotgun events in the Northeast?

(1) Are there other practical shotgun events around? Yes, I shot one last year at Tri-Town Gun Club in Foster during October. I believe Wallum had one last year too, I just didn't end up shooting matches at Wallum because their matches always conflicted with my schedule. Bradford Sportsmens' also ran a bunch of shotgun + pistol matches, like five or six, last year too. I shot three shotgun + pistol matches at Bradford.

(2) Is Wallum doing another practical shotgun match in 2020? Possibly, there's a scheduled match on 9/20/20 at Wallum Lake that doesn't specify what the match is. I suspect based on the similar timing that its another practical shotgun match. Let me contact the MD and get back to you.

(1) Are there other practical shotgun events around? Yes, I shot one last year at Tri-Town Gun Club in Foster during October. I believe Wallum had one last year too, I just didn't end up shooting matches at Wallum because their matches always conflicted with my schedule. Bradford Sportsmens' also ran a bunch of shotgun + pistol matches, like five or six, last year too. I shot three shotgun + pistol matches at Bradford.

(2) Is Wallum doing another practical shotgun match in 2020? Possibly, there's a scheduled match on 9/20/20 at Wallum Lake that doesn't specify what the match is. I suspect based on the similar timing that its another practical shotgun match. Let me contact the MD and get back to you.
Excellent thanks!

Have you got a link to Wallum's schedule?

I shot Walls of Steel for the first time last year, (three matches), and I'm planning on shooting there again.

Excellent thanks!

I heard back from Wallum's MD and no, the 9/20/20 match is a 3-gun match, not practical shotgun. That being said, keep your eyes posted on Practiscore for matches at these clubs:

Wallum Lake Rod and Gun club | PractiScore

Pine Tree Gun Club | PractiScore

Tri-Town Rod and Gun | Shooting. The only sport endorsed by the Founding Fathers. | PractiScore

Bradford Action Shooters | Rhode Island Practical Shooting | PractiScore

Have you got a link to Wallum's schedule?

I shot Walls of Steel for the first time last year, (three matches), and I'm planning on shooting there again.

See above. The other way to learn about matches in New England is to join the "New England 3-Gun" Facebook group, which has a schedule of clubs that post their matches up for the admins to add into the schedule.

Once March, April roll around, I intend to update my "RI 3-Gun" or whatever I called it thread in the general competition subforum. Once Bradford's schedule is released.

I heard back from Wallum's MD and no, the 9/20/20 match is a 3-gun match, not practical shotgun. That being said, keep your eyes posted on Practiscore for matches at these clubs:

Tri-Town Rod and Gun | Shooting. The only sport endorsed by the Founding Fathers. | PractiScore

See above. The other way to learn about matches in New England is to join the "New England 3-Gun" Facebook group, which has a schedule of clubs that post their matches up for the admins to add into the schedule.

Once March, April roll around, I intend to update my "RI 3-Gun" or whatever I called it thread in the general competition subforum. Once Bradford's schedule is released.

That will work. I'll add Wallum to my list of watched clubs in Practiscore.

Thanks.

Here are the tentative dates for Bradford.

3gun 4/26, 6/21 and 10/25.

Multigun 8/16. (Pistol/Shotgun)

Here are the tentative dates for Bradford.

3gun 4/26, 6/21 and 10/25.

Multigun 8/16. (Pistol/Shotgun)

I updated the "RI Multigun 2020" thread with Bradford and Wallum's tentative dates in the "Competition Shooting General" subforum. I don't think we'll get dates for Tri-Town and Pine Tree for awhile, but once those go up, I'll add them. I basically add stuff as soon as I see it.

Back
Top Bottom