PPS trigger question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the PPS will have the crappy MA-friendly ([rolleyes]) trigger out of the box. I believe Eddie Coyle got one and did the trigger job himself. He should be along shortly to inform you. Good luck! [grin]

take the gun with its crappy MA trigger, that it is going to have new out of the box, and there is no legal way around the crappy MA trigger out of the box, and send it to Greg Derr in Marshfield or another qualified Smith, and have it fixed.

With the track record of S&W as of late with the PPS I'd steer clear of it myself.

So are you saying it's illegal to transfer a handgun to a Mass. FFL if it doesn't have a Mass. trigger?

Sending it to an MA dealer isn't "illegal" but the MA dealer who transfers it to you may be violating the AG's silly consumer safety regulations by selling you a handgun that isn't compliant with the CMR940 garbage. Of course this isn't really your problem, it's the dealer's, however, many dealers will likely just say "no way" regardless.

-Mike

my pps started out at 12lb but has broken in quite a bit i would guess it at 9 lb, need to re check it. its my primary carry gun, front pocket carry it all the time, its sooo comfortable. personally i wouldnt want a lighter trigger on a gun i pocket carry w/o a safety. i practice with it alot and have complete faith in my accuracy with that trigger in a defense situation. it did take me a bit to develope this oppinion tho

The PPS is a great gun, but horrible with the Mass trigger. S&W would be better off selling it in Mass with no trigger at all. As it is, I think there is a chance that S&W made the trigger so terrible in order to avoid the impression that they did such a stupid thing by design.

With a new standard disconnector the fix is not too difficult. Just be patient and don't rush it. A small hammer, a few punches, a paperclip (or very small pin punch) and a set of needle nose pliers will do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom