• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ppc?

I noticed in Shooting Sports USA that one of the two Police Pistol Combat (PPC) regional matches in country listed is in Scituate, Rhode Island.

Does anyone here shoot that?
What are the courses of fire?
How are the divisions defined?

I only found a little doing a search on the net. From what I saw, non-LEOs can only shoot "Open" without a classification. I just didn't find a good explanation of their "Open."

GTOShootr said:
I noticed in Shooting Sports USA that one of the two Police Pistol Combat (PPC) regional matches in country listed is in Scituate, Rhode Island.

Does anyone here shoot that?
What are the courses of fire?
How are the divisions defined?

I only found a little doing a search on the net. From what I saw, non-LEOs can only shoot "Open" without a classification. I just didn't find a good explanation of their "Open."

I've shot the Scituate one in Rhode Island a couple of times. I'll find the match director's email so he can answer your questions. It's Fun, lots of 50 meter shooting.

Thanks Derek.

I e-mailed George Pesare and have a schedule now. I'm going to order a rule book from the NRA and see where I can fit in.

The 50 yard shooting sounds like fun.

GTOShootr said:
Thanks Derek.

It is really not. That is where the match is won or lost. The two most important part of PPC are accuracy and timing.

I used to spend a lot of time working on the time part as you really want to use as much time as possible in order to get the "X" count. In an ideal world, you will shoot each stage of the match and finish just prior to the targets turning away (or the time ending)

With a proprietory PPC revolver with Rib and all that stuff, you can have a dedicated neck hold at 50 yardsto give a narrower field of aim.

I used a center hold at 7 and 15 yards, a head hold at 25 yards and a neck hold at 50 yards.

With a "Distinguished" revolver, I used center at 7, 15, and 25 and head at 50.

Regards,

Last edited:
GTOShootr said:
Thanks Derek.

I e-mailed George Pesare and have a schedule now. I'm going to order a rule book from the NRA and see where I can fit in.

George is the guy who runs the show and is one of the nicest guys you will meet. He is a member here, but hasnt signed in for a long time.

The 50 yards is fun. [wink]

Steve,
I shot a PPC match once, at Bass River, indoors. Limited to 25 yards. I shot a 4 inch model 19. I shot what I thought was S-L-O-WWWW. On what would be the 50 yard stage, I shot all my rounds and picked up my brass before the experienced PPC shooter was done with 12 shots! He was using a PPC gun, with rib, I think he dropped 4 points. With my short model 19 (not stock) Millet sights, not adjusting sights, I dropped 8 points. You might find it a bit slow for you.
Dan

Some of the things I need to work on is being patient and being more accurate, so it sounds ok so far.

I just don't like passing up good competition when it is so close by. I'll have to try it at least once.

GTOShootr said:
It turns out that George and I belong to the same club, RIMLC. That's a funny coincidence since there are only 60 members there.

See if you can get George back here.

Back
Top Bottom