Powered recliner Karma

My 94-year-old father passed last Saturday August 27th after struggling for years with Alzheimer's and dementia. I bought him this powered recliner about 5 years ago to help him stand up. You can see where he wore the coating away where his head rested. It does not hurt the function at all. I would like someone who could use this to come to my address in Brockton and pick it up.

This is FREE for the taking. First to speak up gets it. I need to get this out of the house and would prefer not to give to the Salvation army or worse throw it out.

IMG_20220906_083557478.jpg

IMG_20220906_083728827.jpg

IMG_20220906_083635442.jpg

Very sorry for your loss......

I was in the same situation when my Mom passed. I did the same thing and offered it for free but on Craigslist. It went to an older woman whose husband was struggling.

I know how it is, you want to get rid of it but to the right person, NOT a flipper.

Any suggestions where else I might find someone who needs this other than a landfill?
Contact your nearest Assisted Living facility. I am sure you will find a taker there.

They will not come and pick it up, so you will have to deliver it. (Well actually a family member of the person it will be going to at the AL facility may be willing to come and get it).

I have my grandfather's recliner in my basement, hopefully there is someone else who could use yours. My condolences for the loss of your Dad. I lost my Dad last year to Alzheimers so I can relate. God bless him and your family.

After many phone calls and reaching out to anyone I know nobody wanted this chair. Such a waste to throw away a working recliner that I know someone could use.

Try Craigs List. I've had great success giving away stuff including a couch I divested from the portfolio yesterday. They key (which you seem to get) is to recognize that used upholstered furniture generally has no market value so you need to give it away.

My mother in law had one. We gave it to one of her friends when she moved from elderly housing to a nursing home.

I had a real nice leather one almost brand new from my dad. I was really lucky to run across an IDPA shooter whose mother had had her hip replaced and really needed one so it was my pleasure to give it to him so that somebody would use it.

Back
Top Bottom