Power out in Wareham

MassPete

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We got hammered in South Central Mass. It was like a Hurricane. Like you said, it only lasted a short time. Power is out everywhere.

Baby Billy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got smacked pretty good in Western Mass around 5pm. Power went out briefly. Chairs and trash cans everywhere. Wind is still howling and internet is down.

45collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Fairly tame on Cape but still had some 50mph + gusts.
I’m kinda hoping we get at least one big clobbering snowstorm this winter. Seems like it’s been several years since we had anything noteworthy. On Cape at least.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fairly tame on Cape but still had some 50mph + gusts.
I’m kinda hoping we get at least one big clobbering snowstorm this winter. Seems like it’s been several years since we had anything noteworthy. On Cape at least.
Last meaning storm was Feb 2014

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WTF this is NewEngland storms and power outages are the norm.
Have you folks become a bunch of pussies?

Just wait until we get to winter and the power goes off for a few days at a time.
Or the Dems and the left take over the country.

Welcome to the State of “you have depend on us for everything” and you loose.

Sorry for the rant, but I can’t stand wimps that expect to have everything handed to them, expect life to be easy, and without issues.
Suck it up... you need to learn how to be self sufficient or die or become a Democratic that expects the government to change your diaper, wipe your ass, and give you free stuff.
WTF learn how to be a grownup.

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Just wait until we get to winter and the power goes off for a few days at a time.

Sorry for the rant, but I can’t stand wimps that expect to have everything handed to them, expect life to be easy, and without issues.
Suck it up... you need to learn how to be self sufficient or die or become a Democratic that expects the government to change your diaper, wipe your ass, and give you free stuff.
Knock on wood, My power outages are few and far between here in Kentucky, but if there is an extended outage, one of these gets connected to the mains in the panel and fired up. ( Pulling the mains first so it cannot possibly back feed to the grid. )

image.jpeg

RHJJ

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I started this thread for information not to complain. I have a natural gas generator and have run it for days straight before.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am definitely giving you a like for a well constructed quality rant and I'm out.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knock on wood, My power outages are few and far between here in Kentucky, but if there is an extended outage, one of these gets connected to the mains in the panel and fired up. ( Pulling the mains first so it cannot possibly back feed to the grid. )

View attachment 397847
You should have an electrician install a manual transfer switch with a means to temporarily power your place with that generator. Connect cord, fire up generator, flip switch, done!

AFAR/PFAR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Commenting that the power is out doesn't mean that he hasn't learned to be self sufficient or isn't grown up.

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0

View attachment 397847

That looks like a MEP-802a I have an MEP-003a connected to the house and 2 on trailers for my kids use as they need them. Good stuff.

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That looks like a MEP-802a I have an MEP-003a connected to the house and 2 on trailers for my kids use as they need them. Good stuff.
5K?

WAtch out they will wet stack like a son of a bitch if you don't put enough load on them.
MEP-803a, 10kw, 110 single phase, 208 3phase, 240v single phase.

Not my picture above but I've got two of them here. Yes I know about the wet stacking issue with them and have a home made load bank that can be run in parellel if needed to give me sufficient loading to prevent it.

Baby Billy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think you misread the room on that one.

Top Bottom