Powderhorn Outfitters

That was a much better post than your last. We understand it will be tough to get Mark to change. Perhaps if he cared enough about his customers he would read through this thread and realize how much he has hurt himself and his business.

It is pretty simple to me.....

No matter what you do or say, I will not do business with the place if it puts money of the pocket of the people that run the bonded warehouse.

I am not implying anything. Hopefully I will never be in a situation where my guns are confiscated by the police. If I did however, I would rather them be somewhere that I know there is someone I can work with. Let's face it, this is not a Powderhorn issue, its an issue that starts with the local P.D. and the Powderhorn is a lot easier of a scapegoat than the P.D. are to deal with. My issue is also that you are relentless about the issue with a (sorry Greg), very young man, who I am sure really does not have much a clue as to the daily operation of the bonded warehouse. I get it, and as I have said before, maybe I would think differently, if I was in the situation of having my stuff taken from me, but I am not going to beat up on some kid online who is just trying to turn things around as far as the daily operations and legitimate complaints of customer service over the years. If the association of the bonded warehouse is a burr under saddle, then I get it, don't shop there, but maybe looking into petitioning your local politicians to have better regulations and over site of the BW situation may be a better way to spend your time and energy while you are NOT shopping at the Powderhorn.

You are taking this way to personal and no it was not a dig at you. You are certainly not the only one in this thread harping on the BW situation.

Yes I agreed that there was no law or requirement saying that we need the Police Departments permission to release firearms but it is a rule my boss has put in place long before I was working here. I will see what I can do in getting him to amend the rule.
Thanks. I appreciate the fact that you were forthright and honest about the situation, and did not try to spew some nonsense like "required by law, but I don't have the time to look it up".

I most cases, I doubt it will be a big issue, however, the policy leaves the very real possibility that a gun owner will have his property auctioned if a PD refuses to issue a permission document (note there is no law requiring them to issue such a permission slip, even if your LTC is restored).

I will continue to go to bat for this place. They have always done right by me. Marc is definitely a character, we all know that. I think he's funny quite honestly... And Greg is always reasonable and fair to deal with and has a genuine enthusiasm for the sport/lifestyle/hobby.

Walked in today to the owner screaming swears on the phone because someone was looking to get back their illegally sized property, extremely unprofessional. I will not being going to this place again and will give my business to cape gun works.

BONDED WAREHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone and thank you for your feedback. As I have said before if anyone has had a poor experience I humbly apologize. I know that there is still work to be done and believe me im trying. Yes we are a bonded warehouse and I have posted before our terms and our policies when it comes to how we run our business in that way. As to the phone call that was mentioned a few posts ago you do not have the whole story. First the gentleman on the phone was not the owner but one of the employees here. And the man on the other side of that phone call had his firearms seized quite a few years ago and after a few years at the PD were transferred to us for storage. We proceeded to house the firearms for another two years all while sending registered letters to the firearms owner and never heard a response. After two years we proceeded to send the firearms to auction in compliance with the regulations put forth ( we are only required to hold 90 days without payment). After a few key insults about my employee from man my employee lost his temper and then proceeded to tell the man what he had to say. Whether you think it was right or wrong that is the truth about the situation. I will say again that if anyone has an issue with us or ideas on how we can improve please, please feel free to contact me either at the store or via email. I will promptly respond with any help that I can.
Thanks again very much for your time,
Greg Coleman
Powderhorn Outfitters

In year 2000, a friend lost many guns to the local PD due to a restraining order. They went to a BW right away. I was able to have the BW transfer them to me. They have been in storage with me ever since. I am not charging my friend for storage, he has another hobby now and wants me to hold the guns till he decides what to do. "Every serious shooter needs to have a FFL as a friend". Jack.

Hello everyone and thank you for your feedback. As I have said before if anyone has had a poor experience I humbly apologize. I know that there is still work to be done and believe me im trying. Yes we are a bonded warehouse and I have posted before our terms and our policies when it comes to how we run our business in that way. As to the phone call that was mentioned a few posts ago you do not have the whole story. First the gentleman on the phone was not the owner but one of the employees here. And the man on the other side of that phone call had his firearms seized quite a few years ago and after a few years at the PD were transferred to us for storage. We proceeded to house the firearms for another two years all while sending registered letters to the firearms owner and never heard a response. After two years we proceeded to send the firearms to auction in compliance with the regulations put forth ( we are only required to hold 90 days without payment). After a few key insults about my employee from man my employee lost his temper and then proceeded to tell the man what he had to say. Whether you think it was right or wrong that is the truth about the situation. I will say again that if anyone has an issue with us or ideas on how we can improve please, please feel free to contact me either at the store or via email. I will promptly respond with any help that I can.
Thanks again very much for your time,
Greg Coleman
Powderhorn Outfitters

Thank you for the background info. It was still very unprofessional to have a employee screaming on the phone when customers are in the shop, if your going to have a screaming match, take it in the back room.

Evan9201 Thank you for your reply, and I absolutely agree. I was not in the store when this happened and was filled in when I returned. I am working hard to turn this place around and any bit of helpful suggestions are always accepted and I appreciate them

I commend you for what you're trying to do but until maniac Mark steps aside, I believe the mindset of demeaning confrontational negativity will exist. You are, as they say, shovelling against the tide in the meantime.

Keep up the fight nonetheless.

Powderhorn is Powderhorn I've gotten some great deals over last 25 years and never had a problem. They used to be the only game in town not so much anymore.

Thank you dustoff22. You are not the first person to tell me that I am shoveling against the tide. But if you ask anyone that knows me im hard headed and enjoy a challenge. If you are ever down in the area please stop in and say hello.

Back
Top Bottom