Powderhorn Outfitters

They operate a bonded warehouse. Ok, we get that nobody likes that, but they are simply offering a service that's been made necessary at a reasonable price. LET IT GO. I f you don't like it, don't get your weapons confiscated. If you DO, use them to transfer them to a friend at a reasonable fee. Anyone on Cape knows Mark. He may not get a gold star every day on his customer service chart, but he works constantly for our 2A rights. All of the employees there have always been fair when I've dealt with them. I don't know what this is at this point other than plain old trolling.

That's the thing right there. If you want a shop owner that's going to give you a big hug and respond to dumbassery with the patience and kindness of Mr. Rogers - maybe the Powderhorn is not the shop for you. DEFINITELY not, in fact. But in all the dealings I've had with them, they have been perfectly fair and honest. Not always the best prices on guns, once in a while a good deal. Even the much vaunted Mark outbursts that I've seen have been prompted by dumbassery. Not saying it's appropriate to respond as such as a business owner, but it's not like he's jumping people's shit just for walking through the door. All the staff there has always been fair to me, and every time I've gone back in there (I've only bought a couple guns there), they (Mark and Jerry, I think his name was) remember exactly who I am, what I bought there, what I do for a living, and always welcome me and ask how things are going, all that normal shooting the shit stuff.

The bonded warehouse thing - man, get over it, guys. They didn't make the laws, doesn't sound like they're doing business like that dickjob out in Westboro or Northboro or wherever he is. Sounds like their rates are reasonable, and I don't doubt they'd be willing to work with people on it. Trader Joe's does business with hipsters, yet a lot of us still buy food there, right?

Dgafton, I am sorry that I did not answer your question reguarding the storage of the black powder guns and accessories that come in with the firearms. I cannot tell you why they are taken but they usually are and then we also tell the police departments that we don't need to store them because permits are not required to own them. We usually get a I don't care or oh well keep them anyway. The Black powder guns however are a bit trickier because even though you don't need a permit to own one the materials needed to fire the gun do require a permit. And the ammunition is illegal to possess if the owners permit is suspended or revoked no matter how temporary. So the police keep everything together until they know what is going on and because they don't all know the laws as well as others. Now I am not trying to bad mouth the police because I do value their service and they have a million other laws and procedures to know and follow so we cant expect perfection.
Mac1911 all I can tell you at this time for needing the departments permission to release is that since ive been working here and before this is the procedure we follow. I will talk to the gentleman that runs our bonded warehouse and get you an answer to your question.

I wanted to thank everyone again for your posts and say that I truly don't mind answering your questions. the more the merrier.
Thanks again
Greg

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately you haven't swayed my opinion to your side.

There is NOTHING tricky about dealing with those items. If you want to be fair and do the right thing, you should inform the rightful owner that they can come down to pick up any non-restricted items. If they do not show up within a certain timeframe, then charge them storage.

I have been through the 209a process twice with a vindictive ex. The first time, I was naive and got jerked around by the pd.

The second time, in a different town, they took everything again. I went into the pd the following morning with a letter addressed to the chief with a copy of the law attached. I said I would be back in one hour to pick up all my unrestricted items or I would be filing a complaint for theft with the state police. My items were waiting when I got back to the pd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your point is fair and justified. I will discuss this with my guy who runs the Bonded Warehouse and see what we can do to reform our ways in this area. Thank you for your post and contribution to this discussion.

I've tried to stay out of this . . . to no avail I'm afraid. To put things in perspective, I try very hard never to go on the Cape, I've been in Powderhorn twice and bought a few small items there and have met Mark twice but wouldn't know him if I tripped over him. I've known Peter Dowd and have done business with him numerous times over 30+ years and although I like him as a person I have serious problems with his "business model". I testified against the law we know as GCA 1998 and I testified FOR regulation of the Bonded Warehouse business (Mark and Peter were both present) . . . it failed due to "pressure" allegedly attributed to both of them.

Free market? Only one of the parties is a willing participant in the transaction, all because he lives in a town where the PD allegedly has no room in evidence (a whole other pile of BS) . I urge you to read old posts on the subject, specifically by Lens and specifically about Dowd/Cohen taking steps to protect their racket.

A "technical error" that I must correct. Evidence is NEVER EVER given to civilian 3rd parties, that would break the chain of custody and it would never later be allowed to be introduced as "evidence". So anything deemed "evidence" (of a crime) MUST be kept secure by the PD themselves. PDs don't have lots of space for evidence, this is true . . . thus when they confiscate guns due to 209A or suspension/revocation, there is a strong urge to dispose of those items to a bonded warehouse.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/Gener...40/Section129D maybe its late and i am just reading this wrong.
What I still do not get is why the police have a say in the return of the property ?
reading the link provided anyone who had their stuff taken has the right with in one year of surrender. To have those items transfered to a legal person. No mention of police permission?
Then those items must be returned with in 10 days to the legal person....im reading this correctly I think?
Now I am also confused about the items that go to auction. I read it that after 1 year if the owner does not come up with a plan to transfer the items they go to auction and the state gets the cash---minus any storage fees I would imagine. BUT I read the next section as if the owner does try to transfer the items but can not afford the fees the items go to auction fees are deducted and the owner gets any money above and beyound the storage fees. I think that what it says.......im tired the more I read the less sense I make of it.

You aren't reading this quite right. The 10 days to transfer POSSESSION (only, not ownership) in the law is ONLY for PDs to turn over items confiscated to a licensed party of the owner's choosing and is NOT TRUE for a 209A confiscation under MGL. Many PDs refuse to comply as you have no reasonable recourse other than to spend months/years in court with legal costs exceeding the value of the items. Once guns are shipped to a bonded warehouse, that 10 day law is totally irrelevant. At that point you are obligated by WHATEVER rates/rules the bonded warehouse has in place and it is strictly a civil matter. Bonded warehouses only have to hold goods for 90 days unless all fees are paid up, then the law allows them to go to auction. They typically hold them longer so that the fees will definitely exceed the monies received at auction (free guns). NO money goes to the town, it's all profit for the bonded warehouse.

You are right, once the guns are in the hands of an FFL or bonded warehouse, there is NO LAW that requires police permission to dispose of them according to the wishes of the owner. Failure of the bonded warehouse to act on the request is a civil action if one wants to take them to court.

Dgafton, I am sorry that I did not answer your question reguarding the storage of the black powder guns and accessories that come in with the firearms. I cannot tell you why they are taken but they usually are and then we also tell the police departments that we don't need to store them because permits are not required to own them. We usually get a I don't care or oh well keep them anyway. The Black powder guns however are a bit trickier because even though you don't need a permit to own one the materials needed to fire the gun do require a permit. And the ammunition is illegal to possess if the owners permit is suspended or revoked no matter how temporary. So the police keep everything together until they know what is going on and because they don't all know the laws as well as others. Now I am not trying to bad mouth the police because I do value their service and they have a million other laws and procedures to know and follow so we cant expect perfection.
Mac1911 all I can tell you at this time for needing the departments permission to release is that since ive been working here and before this is the procedure we follow. I will talk to the gentleman that runs our bonded warehouse and get you an answer to your question.

I wanted to thank everyone again for your posts and say that I truly don't mind answering your questions. the more the merrier.
Thanks again
Greg

Greg, I appreciate your attempt to understand the nuances of these laws. I teach this stuff (see link below). NOTHING tricky here, POSSESSION of black powder guns/ammo does NOT require any permit at all (I do believe that the 209 primers may need a permit to possess but nothing else does), period. MGL requires a permit ONLY to purchase ammo components IN MA. Even federally prohibited persons can own/possess/shoot/carry primitive weapons with no permit, it's in the law (recent case law).

PDs confiscate damn near everything and anything and could care less about the law because they are never held accountable for their improper actions (theft). On a 209A they could confiscate all the kitchen knives too and nobody is going to tell them "no, you can't do that"! Read Jarvis v. Village Vault on www.comm2A.org to educate yourself in this matter . . . the PD did confiscate swords, etc. all illegally and VV sold those items at auction and whatever year the court rules, this is going to cost VV some serious coin!

There are more than a few vindictive PDs out there that if/when you request "permission" to give back something that doesn't require a permit or to transfer to a properly licensed 3rd party and refuse lacking "police permission" you could be looking at a serious lawsuit and perhaps even criminal charges of theft for refusing to return items.

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately you haven't swayed my opinion to your side.

There is NOTHING tricky about dealing with those items. If you want to be fair and do the right thing, you should inform the rightful owner that they can come down to pick up any non-restricted items. If they do not show up within a certain timeframe, then charge them storage.

I have been through the 209a process twice with a vindictive ex. The first time, I was naive and got jerked around by the pd.

The second time, in a different town, they took everything again. I went into the pd the following morning with a letter addressed to the chief with a copy of the law attached. I said I would be back in one hour to pick up all my unrestricted items or I would be filing a complaint for theft with the state police. My items were waiting when I got back to the pd.

Kudos to Dan, sometimes this is what it takes. Most are afraid to face off their PD even when they are 100% right, so the abuses will continue. The PDs know that they can get away with this stuff, that is why they do it.

Len,

Thank you for posting about testifying against bonded warehouses; and about Mark's counter-testimony. That is the final nail in the coffin for my business dealings with Powderhorn.

Also, thank you for clarifying about blackpowder components. I knew what the law stated, as I looked into for a friend of mine, but I haven't had time to find the cite.

I have had enough negative encounters with Mark personally to be borderline. Then I learned about his bonded warehouse dealings.

I try to do my part to point out that there are other shops on the Cape that are in fact TRULY pro 2A.

Last edited:
LenS thank you very much for your post and I will speak with my employee who runs the bonded warehouse to make sure our actions change in the future, but you are indeed correct in saying that the PDs take everything legal or illegal once a permit is taken for any reason. I will do what I can to make sure that we notify the firearms owners of anything that does not need to be stored with us while their matter is resolved. Again I am not sure of which law or rule we follow that makes us wait for the Police Departments permission to release firearms but ill check tomorrow with my guy and post what I find. Thank you everyone for your post and opinions on this matter of the Bonded Warehouse and I am sorry if we anger or offend anyone by our running one but we are truly just trying to help. I will see to it that our actions in how we run things are ammended to make sure we follow the law to the letter and hopefully change people view on our buisness. Thanks again everyone. Have a good day.

Len,

Thank you for posting about testifying against bonded warehouses; and about Mark's counter-testimony. That is the final nail in the coffin for my business dealings with Powderhorn.

Also, thank you for clarifying about blackpowder components. I knew what the law stated, as I looked into for a friend of mine, but I haven't had time to find the cite.

I have had enough negative encounters with Mark personally to be borderline. Then I learned about his bonded warehouse dealings.

I try to do my part to point out that there are other shops on the Cape that are in fact TRULY pro 2A.

Seems like their manager is making a sincere effort to do the right thing - maybe they deserve a fair chance?

Yeah, and maybe it's too little, too late.

If Mark chose to be in the business of running a bonded warehouse, then he should know what the laws are regarding that business. My belief is that he is well aware of the laws, and is looking out for number one and to hell with #2A!

If you know Mark, you know he isn't going to change because people bitch at him about how he acts or what he does.

It is what it is, and he is starting to feel the heat from the local competition.

This should answer many of your questions.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section129D

Rob we do not charge for the storage of any ammuniton, pellet rifles, or muzzle loaders. If you cannot afford the whole nut then yes we will work with you to make sure that everything works out in your favor. If the firearms are already in your name then there is no need to reregister the firearms with the state as you are suppossed to do so anyway when they are purchased from either a dealer or private party.

I have read that law, and am unable to find anything that requires, or even allows, the bonded warehouse to require "release permission" from the police other than presentation of a valid LTC by the owner, or documentation from the owner granting his/her permission for the items to be transferred to another dealer or an LTC holder. Perhaps you could point that part out to me.

My guess it that this is a CYA imposed by the bonded warehouses because the free market check & balance of the purchaser of the service being able to choose the vendor does not exist in this market. Due to the competitive environment, no dealer would survive if its terms for sale of a handgun were "valid LTC plus letter stating your PD has no objection to the purchase", though this practice is logically the same as requiring a PD "release" for bonded warehouse items.

Alternatively put, "what law allows you to auction items when the owner has met all legal requirements to redeem them from the bonded warehouse, but is unable to meet additional extra-legal requirements imposed by the warehouse?".

Last edited:
My guess it that this is a CYA imposed by the bonded warehouses because the free market check & balance of the purchaser of the service being able to choose the vendor does not exist in this market. Due to the competitive environment, no dealer would survive if its terms for sale of a handgun were "valid LTC plus letter stating your PD has no objection to the purchase", though this practice is logically the same as requiring a PD "release" for bonded warehouse items.

It sounds like Powderhorn is at the mercy of whatever the PD tells them to do. "If you displease us, we stop giving you a stream of free guns to sell for risk-free profit." Maybe it's a top down requirement for the PD to stay in control?

It sounds like Powderhorn is at the mercy of whatever the PD tells them to do. "If you displease us, we stop giving you a stream of free guns to sell for risk-free profit." Maybe it's a top down requirement for the PD to stay in control?

This is very plausible.

OK dgrafton. We get it. You do not like the bonded warehouse practice, and you do not have to shop there. Give the guy a break. He is simply trying to change the atmosphere and experience that people have had there as well as offering an apology for issues people had back when he was in grade school! I think we get it crystal clear on how you feel about the Powderhorn....MOVING On NOW???

I had let it go on the last thread. I got involved again when the shop manager again tried to justify how they were screwing people.

My last two posts were to thank LenS for providing more background info regarding testimony and blackpowder laws, and to answer a question directed to me.

A lot of people on this forum talk tough, but never follow through on what they say they believe. I do follow through on what I say, just check any threads with any mention of Troy Industries. If you don't want to read it, use your block option.

It's all a money making scam... It's your stuff, YOU and ONLY YOU should decide where it goes. It's still private (your) property.

More laws = more money for the people in bed with the powers that be...

I believe some PDs actually let the gun owner decide where their fire arms go if there is a "court order" to seize them. The owner can shop around to different shops if he/she wants/

I was actually in a shop up in Salisbury a month or two ago when the clerk got a call from a person that was asking the shop (Bobs) to go to a PD and take posession of the fire arms for him..........Bobs was quoting him storage prices etc.......at least the owner of the guns got to shop around for storage fees .......I kind of get the point some are making here.......if the local PD AUTOMATICALLY sends them to Powerhorn there is kind of a "drug deal" going on. IMO at least let the owner of the guns make some calls to other shops/FFLs

Last edited:
I believe some PDs actually let the gun owner decide where their fire arms go if there is a "court order" to seize them. The owner can shop around to different shops if he/she wants/

I was actually in a shop up in Salisbury a month or two ago when the clerk got a call from a person that was asking the shop (Bobs) to go to a PD and take posession of the fire arms for him..........Bobs was quoting him storage prices etc.......at least the owner of the guns got to shop around for storage fees .......I kind of get the point some are making here.......if the local PD AUTOMATICALLY sends them to Powerhorn there is kind of a "drug deal" going on. IMO at least let the owner of the guns make some calls to other shops/FFLs

I agree with you but that is strictly under the control of the PD. Neither Powderhorn or any other bonded warehouse controls what the PD does. There seem to be numerous bonded warehouses out there, but only two advertise widely. There are some spiteful and nasty PDs out there that will do everything in their power to screw the individual, and there are some that are happy to work with the person whose LTC gets yanked. The only way this will change is with legislation (not going to happen) or as out-fall from the Jarvis v. Village Vault case (very likely). However, since there is never a penalty ($$ against an individual officer/chief-out of his pocket or a jail term) and never will be in MA, even if the laws change some departments will NOT change.

I agree with you but that is strictly under the control of the PD. Neither Powderhorn or any other bonded warehouse controls what the PD does. There seem to be numerous bonded warehouses out there, but only two advertise widely. There are some spiteful and nasty PDs out there that will do everything in their power to screw the individual, and there are some that are happy to work with the person whose LTC gets yanked. The only way this will change is with legislation (not going to happen) or as out-fall from the Jarvis v. Village Vault case (very likely). However, since there is never a penalty ($$ against an individual officer/chief-out of his pocket or a jail term) and never will be in MA, even if the laws change some departments will NOT change.

All of this makes sense. I look at it this way......if you lose your license for getting picked up on a DWI.....the cops don't take your vehicle.......give it to a used car lot where the used car lot charges you storage........

Fire arms are personal property and should be treated as such.....especially when "confiscating" them before any due process like mass does. Best case scenario all of that goes away......but at bare minimum there should be some standards and regulations that don't allow what happens with this scenario with powderhorn where the police department always sends everything to that shop.......let the gun owner make some calls even if you give him/her a time limit to make arrangements.

All of this makes sense. I look at it this way......if you lose your license for getting picked up on a DWI.....the cops don't take your vehicle.......give it to a used car lot where the used car lot charges you storage........

Fire arms are personal property and should be treated as such.....especially when "confiscating" them before any due process like mass does. Best case scenario all of that goes away......but at bare minimum there should be some standards and regulations that don't allow what happens with this scenario with powderhorn where the police department always sends everything to that shop.......let the gun owner make some calls even if you give him/her a time limit to make arrangements.
What do you think happens when your car gets impounded? The towing company charges you for the tow. Then if you don't come and pick it up what do you think the towing company does? At some point if you don't pick up your car/boat whatever the company can end up owning it.

[To locate the private lot to where your vehicle was towed, search the online database above. Or, call the Boston Police tow line at 617-343-4629. Give them the plate number and they will direct you to your vehicle's location. Without a plate number, they unfortunately cannot determine the location.Before releasing the vehicle, the tow operator is entitled to a maximum of $90 for the tow and a maximum of $35 per 24-hour period of storage. These charges are limited by the Mass DPU, in accordance with state law. The tow operator is also entitled to add a fuel surcharge to the $90 involuntary towing fee. The Mass DPU regularly updates the Fuel Surcharge Factor [link]. Tow operators are contractually required to accept payment in cash or any major credit card. Vehicles recovered by someone other than the vehicle registered owner or lessee, may require payment in cash.
/QUOTE]
Or what if it just got towed?
Vehicles towed for illegal parking are subject to a $90.00 tow fee and a storage fee of $3/hour up to $15/day. Payment may be made by cash, MasterCard, VISA, ATM card, or debit card.
Payments should be made at 200 Frontage Road between 7am and 10:30pm, Monday through Friday and between 9am and 12noon on Saturdays.
Payments can also be made for towed vehicles 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the City of Boston Tow Lot Kiosk with MasterCard and Visa ONLY, provided the following requirements are met:

1. You must know your license plate number.
  2. Your vehicle cannot have a revoked registration or insurance.
  3. You are in possession of a valid driver’s license and, if paying by credit card, the name matches the name on your credit card.
  4. Credit card transactions can be made 24/7, however, cash is only accepted during normal business hours.
If you do not meet these requirements you will not be able to obtain your vehicle from the kiosk and will have to return to the Tow Lot during normal business

I can certainly appreciate your passion, God knows I have been accused of being overly passionate at times. I can also appreciate if you have been a victim of this bonded warehouse thing. I have followed the Dowd and Cohen suits and blogs and I think if you look at the models of both, you will see some big differences. The problem starts and ends with an overzealous or misinformed P.D. and I think in PH case they are trying to do it in a fair way. My only point is that Greg is trying to change the landscape within the gun business and I think there is plenty of business to go around despite the much needed and competent competition. I feel for you and maybe would look at this from a different perspective if I had been on the receiving end of a vindictive ex-wife.

here are some spiteful and nasty PDs out there that will do everything in their power to screw the individual, and there are some that are happy to work with the person whose LTC gets yanked.
Yup.

I know one one PD that tells the owner they can have the guns taken by a local in-town shop if the owner authorizes it.

I know of another department that, while 100% green in LTC issuance, goes to lengths to make sure Dowd gets the guns before the owner can get another dealer to the station to take possession - since they like the simplicity of dealing with Dowd.

I want to thank everyone for their posts. As I said I would get back to you with why we ask permission from the PD before releasing firearms to anyone. You were right in saying that there is no law saying we have to do so but we do it as a policy to make sure the police are informed of where the firearms are going. We don't mean to start fights because of this and I already know that many of you will not agree with this either and say lots of things against us further. But this is what and how we do things so take it or leave it. Im done talking about this warehouse business. If you want to open your own charge no fees and store everyones firearms and accessories for free please do it. Open one up and help everyone. See for yourself how much work is involved and why we do things the way we do. Any further questions please personal message me and we can figure it all out. Thanks very much for your time.
Have a great day
Greg

You were right in saying that there is no law saying we have to do so but we do it as a policy to make sure the police are informed of where the firearms are going.

This creates a situation where you are (a) granting the police additional authority, and (b) Set up a scenario where someone who has complied with every legal requirement cannot get their guns back, and will see them auctioned, if a dept is being stubborn.

And, despite your claim, it is not about "making sure the police are informed". You could keep them informed by sending them a letter when the guns were transferred.

But this is what and how we do things so take it or leave it.

And how is someone who is involuntarily made a customer of yours supposed to "leave it"?

This statement gets to the essence of the problem - the involuntary nature of the bonded warehouse transactions. I respectfully submit that this is abusing your so-called "customers" and taking advantage of the system which is a form of legalized extortion. You are servicing your customers in the same manner a bull services a cow.

Just try adding a "police permission required" to any transaction that your customer is voluntarily entering into and see how much business you get.

After all, if you were to require police permission to purchase a handgun, it would help the police know where the guns are going.

Open one up and help everyone. See for yourself how much work is involved and why we do things the way we do.
B&K runs a similar service in Natick, however, they are not a bonded warehouse. The shop accepts guns from PDs when authorized by the owner (and the PD cooperates), or that someone wants to have stored for any other reason. Rates are lower than Dowd or Powderhorn, and no extra-legal requirements are imposed.

Some of his business practices are probably because Brian is a nice guy, however, since he deals only in voluntary transactions, he has to avoid abusing his customers.

So, it has been done.

Last edited:
Keep up the great work Greg! I think You have not only answered questions but accept the feedback and try to make positive changes to the business module. The bonded warehouse is a no win situation for gun owners but if you are truly trying to help gun owners and do the right thing, it's better than Dowds deal. I wonder if you gave it up.... How many other shops would jump on it?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The take it or leave it statement sucks............ was pointed out there is no requirement for you to transfer the items to a legal persons when the owner comes and pays fees and says transfer to this person please....with out needing police permission......do the police now have a say in what guns and to whom they can be transferred.... so basically you follow the laws except when thecpolice tell you not to....great.
I never got close to getting in to the shop on my cape travels. Maybe next time.

Greg also never a response from my email?

I want to thank everyone for their posts. As I said I would get back to you with why we ask permission from the PD before releasing firearms to anyone. You were right in saying that there is no law saying we have to do so but we do it as a policy to make sure the police are informed of where the firearms are going. We don't mean to start fights because of this and I already know that many of you will not agree with this either and say lots of things against us further. But this is what and how we do things so take it or leave it. Im done talking about this warehouse business. If you want to open your own charge no fees and store everyones firearms and accessories for free please do it. Open one up and help everyone. See for yourself how much work is involved and why we do things the way we do. Any further questions please personal message me and we can figure it all out. Thanks very much for your time.
Have a great day
Greg

You were doing so well. Then you posted this tripe. It's been years since I have been in the powderhorn. Hopefully it will be many more.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

It speaks VERY loudly that a few guys would open a shop within a half mile of Powderhorn. It pretty much says that the gun buyers on Cape Cod need/want a better alternative. I know where I will be spending my hard earned money!!!

It's too bad that Mark has terrible customer service skills. When he was the only gig he was able to get away with it. It seems that Greg is TRYING to right the wrongs but for so many of us its just a little too late. I don't see Powderhorn operating as a gun shop for too much longer if the competition keeps doing what they are doing.

There must me something worthy of trying to rebuild at the Powderhorn. Rumor is that the new shop a walk down the street tried to originally buy the Powderhorn. That shop by the way will do very well because he fits a niche that a lot of other shops do not have and that is the high end market and the training facilities. There are not alot of guys out there that are going to walk in and drop $5-6 grand on a rifle. I also believe that the real estate was already his thus making it a natural decision on where to put the shop coincidentally. They will have there followers and the Powderhorn will continue to have there's. In business, good competition is good for all involved and hopefully will level the playing field for everyone involved. The key will be if the old dogs are open to change and react in a way that is beneficial to everyone. Seems like Mark did one thing right by giving Greg the authority to try and make a real change. Greg, keep up the good work and continue what you are trying to do. Treat people like you want to be treated, expand your knowledge of your craft every day so you can better help your customers and don't get bogged down in the other B.S.! There is one fact you will learn fast in business....you will never keep everyone happy 100% of the time.

Ladies and Gentlemen, TO whoever I may have put off or insulted in my last post in this thread I am sorry I have not been able to respond to you sooner than today. I know I went off and most as you posted were put off and said " You were doing so well".... But you must understand that everything I do on this here forum is done with my own time and I am not being paid any extra for it. So when I have to spend hours of my own time answering the same questions from the same people over and over again my patience tends to runs fairly short when no matter what I say they will continue to do the same thing. I was harsh when I said take it or leave it. I know that almost everyone on this forum hates the idea of the Bonded Warehouse. Trust me I am not its biggest fan either. But it something that I do not control and have very little to do with and can only tell you so many times that yes we do run one. No we are not thieves even though I know most of you reading this would disagree. We have to amend some of the ways we do things I understand and will work on that. But blasting me every day with the same old bullspit from the other side of a computer will only get so much done as well. I am trying to get this place turned around and will take any and all suggestions that come my way. Please be as respectful as possible in what you may say. Yes I agreed that there was no law or requirement saying that we need the Police Departments permission to release firearms but it is a rule my boss has put in place long before I was working here. I will see what I can do in getting him to amend the rule. I cannot promise anything. I hope that I can eventually change some peoples mind and view of our store and I know I wont be able to get to everyone.

Thanks very much for your time.
Greg

Back
Top Bottom