Powderhorn Outfitters Hyannis MA Knowledge / Real / Experience

CrownMP

NES Member
EXCELLENT STORE, KNOWLEDGABLE STAFF, COMPETITIVE PRICES

I've heard some horrible reviews recently about the Powderhorn in Hyannis. So I decided to post about my experiences
(Something that I NEVER do to the Fact I barely know how to use my computer).

I started recreational shooting in 2008 after my first tour in Iraq. I was 21 and been a Mashpee resident all of my life and after the hassle of receiving my LTC in MA I wanted to purchase my first firearm. So what did I do??? I drove off Cape [smile][smile][smile] LOL. I drove off cape to a Store I will not Name "out of respect" because I heard from a friend of a friend that the Powderhorn was not a great store to purchase firearms from.

After arriving to the store and asking to hold a few different guns, the person behind the counter could not answer many of my questions. Discouraged I left. A few days later I was in Hyannis and figured I would swing through and see what they had.

To this day that is the LONGEST I have ever spent in a gun store. Almost 3 hours I talked to the associates and owner about different types of Calibers, Manufactures, types, styles, you name it! And the best part is they were able to answer 99% of my questions and what they couldn't they had answers for me the next time I stepped through the door. That day I walked out with my first personal firearm, and have been a devoted customer ever since. Over the last 6yrs or so I have purchased and sold well over 20 firearms though them I have sent friends from as far as Amherst MA. to come down and pick up firearms and ammo. Along with a good amount of military buddies looking for certain ammo or firearms.

I've heard people speak of the owner being disrespectful or whatever the case will be. In all of my experiences it hasn't been disrespect. I have seen him tell people and have had him tell me point blank that a certian firearm is not suitible for that person or not to buy something like that till they have tested one out.

Now especially in this economy it is EXTREMELY rare to hear of a business owner telling a customer not to buy something. The staff at the powderhorn are real and down to earth and most importantly honest. If you are 5ft nothing 100lbs and have minimal experiances with firearms they aren't going to just throw a airlight 357mag snub nose in your hand and send you out the door. they are going to talk to you about what you want vs need vs philosophy of use. And then due their best to set you up with the right fit.

Another thing I can say about the powderhorn is Loyalty, I got injured a few years back and had to recover out of state. When the owner found out he offered to hold my firearms for me till I recovered. That meant a lot well because we all know NY state is the devil. That meant the world to me.

If any of you are in the area I strongly suggest stopping by and checking them out!

CrownMP,

You have been a member of this forum for 2 yrs and 10 months with 37 post. ALL but one in the WTS or WTB section. You have contribute ZERO to this forum and we are to take this as the gospel truth - Amen!!!!!

I have lived on the Cape for almost Fifty years and have been going to the powder horn since it opened.

That SHOP is a disgrace to all gun shops as is its Owner to ALL GUN owners. He should be in the same position some of the unlucky gun owner's of his Bonded warehouse operation customers!!!!

Fred

CrownMP,

You have been a member of this forum for 2 yrs and 10 months with 37 post. ALL but one in the WTS or WTB section. You have contribute ZERO to this forum and we are to take this as the gospel truth - Amen!!!!!

I have lived on the Cape for almost Fifty years and have been going to the powder horn since it opened.

That SHOP is a disgrace to all gun shops as is its Owner to ALL GUN owners. He should be in the same position some of the unlucky gun owner's of his Bonded warehouse operation customers!!!!

Fred

BAM !!

CrownMP,

Fred

I gotta give it to you Fred. We have disagreed in the past, but you NAILED this one!
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrownMP,

Fred

[rockon] Fred - a-freaking-men. Anyone who supports the Powderhorn supports the bonded warehouse racket and shame on you if you do. I get sick of hearing "well, he's nice to me!". He's a scumbag right up there with Dowd and Ted the Rat.

So just curious being new to this forum what is this so called bonded warehouse scam the Powderhorn is running? What is he doing so wrong?

Do a search for bonded warehouse or restraining order. You should find plenty of reading. I or others will chime in with more info later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you did a search , you would have found this.

Fred

How does the bonded warehouse work?
LE brings him confiscated firearms? He then sells them?
LE calls warehouse; warehouse picks up guns. Warehouse dictates service fee for pickup, storage and redemption with no state regulation or oversight of the fees charged. If you have expensive and cheap guns you cannot bail out the expensive guns without also paying all fees on the cheap ones.

It's like having a car towed but the tow yard has state regulated rates and can't get away with "We can't meet you at the yard for a few days, storage fees will continue to accure until we can".

Warehouse places ad full of half-truths in the Mass Police Assn magazine implying that a PD could not return a firearm to the owner without getting an FFL and running a gun dealership out of the cop shop.

In short, it's a cross between legalized extortion and theft.

CrownMP,

Fred

Well who do we have here? A Newbie with the name starting with a " T" and ending with a "L".

Fred

tumblr_m2qjbjeUl11qe2c25.gif

Last edited:
I have been there twice, first time (1-2 years ago) they were very nice, second time (this past weekend) I did not talk to anyone (fine by me).

What I noticed both times are that the prices are way high, so never bought anything.

I never knew that they had a bonded warehouse. Now knowing that, I will not spend any money there.

IBTL.

I like that new shop the next town down route 6 everyone is raving about. I bought my Shield there last year but I forget the name right now (EDIT)--ODS Guns, the Outdoor shop...They're great.

I may stop by the Powderhorn this summer on vacay, just to witness the sh!t show first hand.

CrownMP,

Fred

+1

flotter nailed it... there is nothing more to discuss concerning that business... caveat emptor...[grin]

Back
Top Bottom