• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Powder dispenser?

84ta406

NES Member
Had some issues with my Hornady scale this weekend and made me realize I need a electric powder dispenser in my life. Was looking at the Lyman Gen 6 compact machine. Was seeing if anyones used it or could recommend a good machine that wont break the bank.

RCBS or bust.

for the money nothing else compares to it. everyone I know with a hornady or lyman has been disappointed with it.

if budgets no option: Prometheus Gen 2/Gen 3 ....there's no finer electronic measure on the planet as far as accuracy + speed is concerned.

Where did you buy your Prometheus and are they still selling it? Or are you just regurgitating crap other people post?

The Prometheus is a unicorn.

Edit to add. I know they exist. It's just that they aren't easy to come by. I think recommending a Prometheus isn't good form due to the fact that they aren't easily obtainable even if you have the cash.

Last edited:
they're easily obtainable if you're willing to wait for one

i have a friend (local) with 3 of the Gen 1's bolted to his bench....so they're far from unicorns.

the new G3? yes, that ones tougher to come by...but far from impossible.

tell you what....if you REALLY want one, shoot me a PM, and i'll check when i head out to Ohio (they pop up for sale every once in a while @ Nationals for fair money)

The Prometheus is a unicorn.

Edit to add. I know they exist. It's just that they aren't easy to come by. I think recommending a Prometheus isn't good form due to the fact that they aren't easily obtainable even if you have the cash.

Yeah. Did you read the first line of his post though?

That kind of looked like a recommendation too, don't you think?

got the RCBS on amazon for a good price + RCBS rebate + free shipping and used the Amazon Store card for 6 months no interest. Hard to beat all that.

Went and bought the RCBS tonight. Thanks guys. My Hornady started giving me false readings and with 29.5gr of H110 Id rather not risk anything.

Back
Top Bottom