• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Powder Availability

Powder real low need to restock. I find most shops have little or no real selection. I as rule would order online in large volume, but that is no longer an option. Any ideas would be really welcome.

Powder real low need to restock. I find most shops have little or no real selection. I as rule would order online in large volume, but that is no longer an option. Any ideas would be really welcome.
Your just going to have to jump on anything you see if you want it.
Might even have to stray from your favorites.
I have been using up any stray 1lb jugs on my shelf and been shooting mostly 22lr.
I dont really want to buy any unless we get back to the 6-8lb jugs in one box.
Prices are a bit high also. I dont think prices are going down anytime soon.
I have a little cash stashed and I might buy another 5-10k rounds of 22lr before powder?

If you're not already a user, recommend getting the Discord server app and being ready to jump on availability that shows up. No question that availability is relatively low, and most vendors have imposed purchase limits. Certainly costs are up. I've managed to pick up everything from Winchester pistol powders to IMR and Hodgdon rifle powders to VihtaVuori rifle powders in 8 lb containers in the last month using Discord.

Don't know where you are, but if you need something in a small quantity that I might have to trade/sell, PM me. Good luck!

Sign up at online retailers for in stock notification, call Kittery, Shooters, Glenns, and other local haunts for inventory. Adjust your loads to accommodate powders that you do find,.. those are my ideas,..

online is the way.

have accounts on PV/MSS/Brown/Midway ready
consider buying popular stuff when it appears and be willing to trade
discord
widen your scope of what you willing to use.

If you're diligent and patient, it's out there w/o sleeping in your car waiting
for BPS or Cabelas or whatever.

Attachments

• IMG_9440.JPG
    IMG_9440.JPG
    461.4 KB · Views: 23
Can I ask why you can’t order online? You’re going to be VERY limited if you rely on local shops for powder. Aside from trying Shooters Outpost, Glenn’s, Cabelas, there’s also Al’s Gun shop in Derry, NH and shooting supply in Westport:

Can I ask why you can’t order online? You’re going to be VERY limited if you rely on local shops for powder. Aside from trying Shooters Outpost, Glenn’s, Cabelas, there’s also Al’s Gun shop in Derry, NH and shooting supply in Westport:
so, i guess a lot of folks hate discord or do not know it - like i do not want nothing of sort on my device.
but it is worth to repeat this reference you already gave in the other thread - i made an account there and it does send emails properly

Last edited:
What powders do you need?

and had varget splashes for a second day, i think. valley had bunch of primers also

Anyone seen Benchmark?

edit- LOL found another pound stashed away in my extra storage locker. First thing I do once I land in a free state is set up shelves with all my reloading supplies in plain sight so I don't have to dig through the damn locked containers. I'd still buy more Benchmark and Varget when they pop up for sale.

Last edited:
Brownells has some decent powders in stock- IMR 4198, H335, etc. Midway's current stock[rofl] is great- if you are looking for muzzle loader pellets.

Anyone seen Benchmark?

edit- LOL found another pound stashed away in my extra storage locker. First thing I do once I land in a free state is set up shelves with all my reloading supplies in plain sight so I don't have to dig through the damn locked containers. I'd still buy more Benchmark and Varget when they pop up for sale.
primers unicorn thread is where i post of what i see.
usually you want to go to valley site every day around 9:15am and keep checking it until 10:45am somewhat, as usually they do drops in that timeframe.
brownells did not have anything too popular in stock in a long while.

primers unicorn thread is where i post of what i see.
usually you want to go to valley site every day around 9:15am and keep checking it until 10:45am somewhat, as usually they do drops in that timeframe.
brownells did not have anything too popular in stock in a long while.
Good to know, thank you. Easier on a work from home day as the system in the office blocks everything GUNZ!!! related except the CMP forum. I'm a bit slow on the touch screen phone. Used to be lightning fast with the tactile buttons on a Blackberry.

Good to know, thank you. Easier on a work from home day as the system in the office blocks everything GUNZ!!! related except the CMP forum. I'm a bit slow on the touch screen phone. Used to be lightning fast with the tactile buttons on a Blackberry.
be aware - when good stuff appears at valley the whole site may become frozen, but, it is there. key is to be pre-logged in, and go into cart and into checkout fast.
if checkout says it is out of stock and asks to clear the cart - dont, keep repeating.

Secondary choices of what is available
I like H4895 but non to be found in quantity so I bought some H335 to use in my 223 plinking anmo
I also have a good stock of other powders I turn to when favorites are running low

The Ram has the most amount of Alliant powder in stock I’ve seen in a looong time. Bullseye power pistol 2400 Reloader 15 Reloader 16 etc
There are coupons to knock off some money.
Q63 - Free S/H over $99
15off150 - $15 OFF $150
35off350 - $35 OFF $350
55off550 - $55 OFF $550
20off250 - $20 OFF $250
JULY55 - $55 OFF 500 + Free Shipping
25off250 - $25 OFF $250
JULY120 - $120 OFF 1200 + Free Shipping 45off450 - $45 OFF $450

Last edited:
Prices are high. And their hazmat fee is up to $25 and they charge sales tax. Limits too. Yikes. Only makes sense to buy if you’re able to get an 8 pound jug or 2.

Stopped in a small LGS this week and asked about powder.
They were busy and told me to go out back and look for myself. :cool:
I was completely stoked to see the SR4759, the 4350 was a bonus.
Was hoping to find some IMR4227 but the 4759 has a close burn rate.
I know SR4759 was discontinued years ago but it's a good cast bullet rifle powder.
IMG_1158.JPG
So I spent the $425.00

Holy F!

LOL of course there was a guy at Camp Perry last summer with Varget in stock. Only $650 per 8 lb jug.
I'm pretty sure that guy f***ed himself with that stunt. I saw that jug of Varget and said "I'll never buy anything from this douchebag". I think a lot of people said the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom