• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Powder Availability Report

Any seeing any Goex out there, either FF or FFF?

I don't think this qualifies as Goex, but I'm not a BP guy at all.
Here's a can that I have no use for, if some wants to pick it up (free) in SE CT.
Come down most Sundays (1000-1230 hours) and shoot on my 100 meter range, if interested.

700X, virtually any pistol powder, can be used in cast bullet rifle loads, but you won't find much in the way of published load data.

That's it just a diffrent brand

I don't think this qualifies as Goex, but I'm not a BP guy at all.
Here's a can that I have no use for, if some wants to pick it up (free) in SE CT.
Come down most Sundays (1000-1230 hours) and shoot on my 100 meter range, if interested.

700X, virtually any pistol powder, can be used in cast bullet rifle loads, but you won't find much in the way of published load data.

Glen's reloading in North Reading:

All four major primer types, both CCI and Winchester. $38/1000

Hodgodn "Hi Skor" 700X (yes, I got me some), 4lbs/ $80

Winchester 748 in 8lbs.

Other powders, too. Can't remember them all - he got some delivery today and plenty of choices.

I would be willing to bet that they had some when you (Mr Gold) called but the person had no idea what they're looking for[laugh]

Might be. Although the one on phone did not sound clueless.

I'll add:

The "1 pound" canisters of 700X are not actually that. They contain 397 grams of powder. That should amount to 14oz, I want to say.

800X, Unique, do contain 454 grams - precisely 1 pound.

Are you shorthanded when buying 700x ? probably not, because it requires lesser mass (amount) when using it. I'd say 15% to 18% when compared to Unique or 800X .

I'll also add:
The four pound kegs of 700x are actually four pounds, or - 1.82Kg.

So when comparing purchase of 4 "fake pounds" that add up to $80 (which I did), and 4 "real pounds" that add up to $80 also (which I did), one gets 232grams or 8.1ouces more, for the same $ amount.

With a ballpark amount of 350mg per pistol round, that's a 657 rounds more, for the same price.

Yes.
Wise is the man who reads the fine print on his powdah. [laugh]
(well duh..)

Last edited:
Yes, you should read the label...
Clays, Int'l Clays Titewad, 700X, etc., come in 14 oz canisters.
Trail Boss in 9 ounce canisters.

Same goes for dry cereals and other items. Sold by weight, not volume. Some contents may have settled during shipment.

^ I guess my important point was to note the difference between the "1 pound" which is not a pound, and the four pounds which are actually four.

I expected the four pounds to be a x4 amount of the small canister, just as it is with real 1 pound canisters - and it was not - it was more than that.

^ I guess my important point was to note the difference between the "1 pound" which is not a pound, and the four pounds which are actually four.

I expected the four pounds to be a x4 amount of the small canister, just as it is with real 1 pound canisters - and it was not - it was more than that.

Thats silly that they do that. But glad you were aware and shared that with us.

Thats silly that they do that. But glad you were aware and shared that with us.

I noticed this a couple of years ago. Its not the only powder that comes this way.

Of course coffee companies have been doing this for decades now. I can remember my mom getting pissed off about them putting 13/14/15oz of coffee in the typical 1 pound can.

I was at Glenn's in North Reading this weekend and he was well stocked with powder. I saw LOTS of 231, both 4 pound and 8 pound jugs. Lil'gun, Titegroup, tons of rifle powders, etc etc.

I would get powder as you see it. I dont know if this is a trend or signs of things to come.
Over the past 6 weeks we have been ordering powder and primers.
There has been a steady decrease in in stock powders especially some of the common powders... this is 6 vendors that we deal with.
Primers also seem to be thinning. although there seems to be a very good supply of bullets???
Im doing another mini order this week for powder.

I would get powder as you see it. I dont know if this is a trend or signs of things to come.
Over the past 6 weeks we have been ordering powder and primers.
There has been a steady decrease in in stock powders especially some of the common powders... this is 6 vendors that we deal with.
Primers also seem to be thinning. although there seems to be a very good supply of bullets???
Im doing another mini order this week for powder.

Powder at Cabelas has been good lately. Though they've been severely lacking when it comes to small pistol primers. And yes bullets are easy to come by online it seems. I just ordered 1k 9mm 125 gr JHPs that will be arriving Friday...

Just visited Collectors in Stoneham and they are loaded with powder & primers. LOTS of 231, red/green/blue dot, unique, bullseye, AA#5/7/9, Clays, H1000, 4831 and more.

Just visited Collectors in Stoneham and they are loaded with powder & primers. LOTS of 231, red/green/blue dot, unique, bullseye, AA#5/7/9, Clays, H1000, 4831 and more.

Nice. I haven't been at that shop in awhile. I could use more primers so maybe I'll swing by.

One of my good wholesalers has had a pretty good supply coming in and out lately. Once I finish moving I was hoping to get a "group buy" together for some powder and primers.

I did manage to score a couple jugs of CFE pistol and WIN296 at Cabelas recently. No H110 though.

Back
Top Bottom