• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Potential new acquisition question

Because I can never make heads or tails out of Mass gun laws and before I hurt my brain trying to I figured one of you all might know if this rifle is legal for me to purchase or of state FFL back to mass. Its a Ruger Mini 14 Ranch 223 Hi Cap 20rd.

Because I can never make heads or tails out of Mass gun laws and before I hurt my brain trying to I figured one of you all might know if this rifle is legal for me to purchase or of state FFL back to mass. Its a Ruger Mini 14 Ranch 223 Hi Cap 20rd.

Negative; you have to get it with the low-cap magazine. The rifle itself is fine; the new 20-rd ones most stores out of state stock are post-ban, and would violate the AWB.

Negative; you have to get it with the low-cap magazine. The rifle itself is fine; the new 20-rd ones most stores out of state stock are post-ban, and would violate the AWB.

Thats what I was thinking that the mag makes it a no no unless its the 5 capacity like on the other models. Dumbass state... thanks!

Damn. I don't have one, but those wooden Mini-14's are sexxxy rifles. Light, short, handy.... I want one at some point. Now if only I could find an AC556 I could actually afford [laugh]

Makes two of us in terms of affording them! This was used and a fire sale so my bad for hesitating, kinda like the deer I missed last season. Ill get one yet and I also prefer the wooden mini. I used one hog hunting and it was much easier to use rather than lugging my 30-06 w/scope thru the woods

Back
Top Bottom