Post office grounds OK for ccw? Is this true

Concealed means no one can see what you are carrying. If the SHTF inside and you MUST display your CCW, breaking the law will be the least of your problems.

Chris

I read that ruling when it came out, and it seemed to me at the time that it was a very narrow case; he had no delivery so he had to come to the post office, and in that post office the employees didn't need to use the parking lot because essential services weren't being performed in the public area.

So I wouldn't rely on this to carry in the parking lot of the PO.

But a step forward is a step forward.

Since that decision was in a different district, the First District (MA) Court does NOT have to abide by it, although they usually take other USDC decisions into consideration. So likely but no guarantees that you'd get the same result here.

Since that decision was in a different district, the First District (MA) Court does NOT have to abide by it, although they usually take other USDC decisions into consideration. So likely but no guarantees that you'd get the same result here.

Since it was a District Court case, and not an appellate level decision, it is not binding on anyone but the parties in that case.

The Avon Post Office must allow Bonidy to carry his gun in the parking lot. Another judge would be within his authority to determine that Smith may not carry his gun in the Avon Post Office parking lot, or that Bonidy may not carry his gun in the Amway Post Office parking lot. It's not likely, but it's possible.

U.S. District Court Judge Richard Matsch ruled that the USPS must permit Bonidy to carry his gun in his car in the public parking lot at the post office.

Back
Top Bottom