• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Post McDonald Litigation Calendar

That's a very good start, but it's probably less that 25% of the important cases that are actually out there. Parker v. CA (1 of 3 CA ammo cases) Peterson v LaCabe (NR licensing), and Jackson v. SF (storage) are all important cases that have direct bearing on MA.

It would be nice to have a good place to look for updates on all of these cases. volokh.com will probably cover many of them. Any other recommended sites?

That's a very good start, but it's probably less that 25% of the important cases that are actually out there. Parker v. CA (1 of 3 CA ammo cases) Peterson v LaCabe (NR licensing), and Jackson v. SF (storage) are all important cases that have direct bearing on MA.

I never indicated that it was all inclusive, nor does Of Arms and the Law. Although it's a good resource to find out much of what's going on. Heller and McDonald have spawned a number of law suits, some of which will hopefully restrict the ability of states, counties, cities, and other political sub divisions to impinge upon our rights. Personally I'd love to see a decision requiring all states to honor the permits or licenses of other states. I don't think we'll ever see a decision saying that licenses or permits can't be required because Heller did mention "reasonable restrictions".

If you feel harmed by MA law, contact an attorney and file a law suit. Or are you waiting for the other guy to defend your rights?

No, I`m waiting for the NRA,GOAL, GOA to file lawsuits on our behalf smartass. That`s why I belong to those organizations. Unfortunately I am not a multimillionare and can not afford to hire high priced lawyers. I would gladly contribute to a fund to finance those lawsuits thou. Yourself?

Isn't this the reason for forming the Mass2A group thingy?

The engage in litigation?

That's Comm2A. When the cases we are working on get filed* we will tell you all about it. Some of them are sporting fellow NESrs as plaintiffs. We also need funds to file some of these cases so if anyone hasn't made a donation, please head here (http://www.comm2a.org/support.html) and consider supporting us. It's $5-10K to take a case into federal court and we have two worthy ones waiting for funds before they can be worked up into a God's honest complaint and get filed. The vast majority of the money we have collected goes to lawyers and we don't take salaries and to date we have spent our own money on most expenses.

* it takes months to do the legal due diligence in order to write a complaint.

No, I`m waiting for the NRA,GOAL, GOA to file lawsuits on our behalf smartass. That`s why I belong to those organizations. Unfortunately I am not a multimillionare and can not afford to hire high priced lawyers. I would gladly contribute to a fund to finance those lawsuits thou. Yourself?

See above. Encourage your friends.

Isn't this the reason for forming the Mass2A group thingy?

The engage in litigation?
Comm2a and yes...

Living with lawyers all my life - litigation moves painfully slow and quietly until the day that a decision comes...

If you have a genuine issue and/or some money to put behind it let them know...

Back
Top Bottom