Post-Downtime Thread

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Having a hell of a time enlarging and viewing pics in the firearms classifieds on iPhone. Tried using fingers to swipe (zoom) in and out as one normally would.

Doesn’t work or works very wonky. After trying the +/- button up on the afforded toolbox when viewing pics, it still doesn’t make them near close enough to see details on the firearms, and if you then try to expand (zoom out) with your fingers to get a closer look, it actually makes it smaller not larger, backwards affect.

Anyone else struggling with the pics there?
If you have a bluetooth mouse you can pair that with your phone. Add a bluetooth keyboard and then cast your display to the tv and you've... well, you've got a computer [laugh]

Hustler One

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just replied to a comment in the heavy parrot thread and the last sentance was chopped off and not posted after i clicked the post button. Had to go back and edit it in.

Edit: post #60

Buck F

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Is there any way we can get “New Posts” to show up on the Home menu? So it’s there across all platforms, PC, phone, tablet? Sucks having to click on Forums every time to get there. Honestly, I can’t think of a single thing that’s not better about the new platform besides that. Thanks

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way we can get “New Posts” to show up on the Home menu? So it’s there across all platforms, PC, phone, tablet? Sucks having to click on Forums every time to get there. Honestly, I can’t think of a single thing that’s not better about the new platform besides that. Thanks
I have "What's New" on the home page header on iPhone and iPad, I haven't used my laptop in a while.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are holding your phone vertically, you'll see a lightning bolt icon in the dark blue header. This will bring up What's New/New Posts.
If you rotate your phone to landscape mode, What's New is right there in the header, next to Forums.

Buck F

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you are holding your phone vertically, you'll see a lightning bolt icon in the dark blue header. This will bring up What's New/New Posts.
If you rotate your phone to landscape mode, What's New is right there in the header, next to Forums.
awesome, thanks!

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
An interesting Anomaly:

My Mac recently did an Op sys update, Firefox also did an update.

I clear my cache, Browsing and Download history as well as cookies daily when I am done with my morning routine. Prior to these updates when I did the above, I would have to log in to all sites as a registered user. Now, after clearing as before, when I go back to any site, I am still logged in.

I have added active logins and form & search history and my logons are still active when I come back. I then tried logging out on all visited sites and then clearing Browsing and Download history as well as cookies and then attempted to log back in and I was asked username and passwords on all sites.

When logging into a site, Firefox asks if you want to save your logon info and I always say no.

I suspect Firefox is keeping stuff even though it has been told to clear. I understand this now and will deal with it appropriately in the future, just a word to Firefox users that If you expect stuff to be wiped, it is not. My machine has access by a couple people and if they click on my ISP, I don’t want them getting into my email, as it looks like Firefox could let them right in unless I logged out. FYI

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I suspect Firefox is keeping stuff even though it has been told to clear. I understand this now and will deal with it appropriately in the future, just a word to Firefox users that If you expect stuff to be wiped, it is not. My machine has access by a couple people and if they click on my ISP, I don’t want them getting into my email, as it looks like Firefox could let them right in unless I logged out. FYI
Instead of doing this cookie/whatever flushing lunacy, put another user on the machine and log out of your user when you're done and let everyone else use the other one. It's safer that way for a whole bunch of reasons.

-Mike

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Is NES going to add BAT? Does this forum software even support it? Could be a cool way for the website to make money and or users to tip each other with BAT.

I believe the 1st production version of BAT went live this week.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an official gripe:

Why can we not directly link to Full30 videos? Full30 is a pro-2A video hosting website and YouTube is very anti-2A. I can do this:

YouTube - Dec 10, 2019: Digital Sharecropping Officially Begins

But I have to link to YouTube to do this:

Is NES going to add BAT? Does this forum software even support it? Could be a cool way for the website to make money and or users to tip each other with BAT.

I believe the 1st production version of BAT went live this week.
What ARE these obscure services? Maybe if you gave a bit of an introduction, and some good samples from each site, people could get behind them better.

I just wish we could click on "Watched", and have it display threads you are watching that have new posts. It used to do this. Now, it displays ALL threads you are watching, whether there is anything new or not. It does show unread as bolded, but it would be better to toggle the read ones off completely by default, like before.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
What ARE these obscure services? Maybe if you gave a bit of an introduction, and some good samples from each site, people could get behind them better.

I just wish we could click on "Watched", and have it display threads you are watching that have new posts. It used to do this. Now, it displays ALL threads you are watching, whether there is anything new or not. It does show unread as bolded, but it would be better to toggle the read ones off completely by default, like before.
I figured shorty would know since he's in IT,

For those not in the know BAT is Basic Attention Coin. I will cut and paste the important and link it.

What does BAT stand for and what is it?
Basic Attention Token. It is a utility token based on the Ethereum technology that can also be used as a unit of account between advertisers, publishers, and users in a new, blockchain-based digital advertising and services platform. The token is not a digital currency, security or a commodity.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNCCbHRodMw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhPEEpR__1A

View: https://youtu.be/UhMTHNHcjAI

it's pretty much a win win. If you don't use it, you wouldnt care. For the people who do, including the owner of NES, it would benefit the group as a whole. It's definitely not obcure in the space its attempting to operate in. Its more or less a paid advertising paradigm shift, or attempt of one.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Can we make the search function shitty again so people stop finding posts from 5 years ago and bump them? [rofl]

Top Bottom