Post-Downtime Thread

sHORTY

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what is strange. It isn't just this update... It did it before the update too. It seems completely random. In case it matters, I use Brave browser for Android, although that is basically Chrome. I'll try some other browsers to see if anything different happens.
Please report back - I'm wondering if this is a phone specific thing or a browser specific. I'm purely iPhone over here so can't test anything on the Android side.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
That is what is strange. It isn't just this update... It did it before the update too. It seems completely random. In case it matters, I use Brave browser for Android, although that is basically Chrome. I'll try some other browsers to see if anything different happens.
Okay, Chrome browser identical issue. And, the Samsung browser that came with the phone (whatever that is never tried it before, just says "internet" for its title) looks normal.

sHORTY

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, Chrome browser identical issue. And, the Samsung browser that came with the phone (whatever that is never tried it before, just says "internet" for its title) looks normal.
Weird. I use Chrome for iPhone without issue.

Any firewalls / VPN or anything else weird like that?

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Weird. I use Chrome for iPhone without issue.

Any firewalls / VPN or anything else weird like that?
Nope, I don't do anything like that, and I see this issue whether I'm on mobile broadband or on my wifi or someone else's wifi.

My wife has an iPhone... I'll give that a try when she returns from work and I can get to it again.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Haven’t read the entire thread so this may have been covered.

My iphone in landscape orientation would show the poster’s name at the bottom of his/her post. In portrait orientation it did not.

I like to use my phone in landscape orientation and I miss seeing the poster’s name at the bottom of his/her post.

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
For whatever reason I had never tried Buffalo Trace. Picked up a bottle ($29) and pretty impressed at the price. Can't always drink EHT Single Barrel or Blanton's!

And has anyone seen any Rock Hill or Elmer T Lee around the north shore?
This has been my go-to 'everyday' bourbon for a couple years now.

These are some premium bricks - buyer pays shipping.
Is compensation by the bottle or case? [cheers]

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
shorty, looking good.

could we get back the searching for members by partial names?

[cheers]

Any chance on this in the "Find a member" tab? When people say they are on NES but you can't remember the whole username they told you.

sHORTY

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance on this in the "Find a member" tab? When people say they are on NES but you can't remember the whole username they told you.
Noted. I'll see what I can do.

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
re: Dark screen highlight color hardly seeable. The blue highlight works great when quoting from a post, but when writing a reply post, it's not blue and almost invisible.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
@sHORTY I think I may of found the 1st big one that I've come across, not sure if it's been addressed already since this thread is large.

I linked a wikipedia case to NES. The forum autoshorted the link to the pages title. There was no identifiable notice that it was a link besides mousing over it. Pretty easy to miss.

sHORTY

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sHORTY I think I may of found the 1st big one that I've come across, not sure if it's been addressed already since this thread is large.

I linked a wikipedia case to NES. The forum autoshorted the link to the pages title. There was no identifiable notice that it was a link besides mousing over it. Pretty easy to miss.
Can you please link the post in question, or post an example in here?

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Can you please link the post in question, or post an example in here?

weirdly it has made the link in this post different then the post i linked with said issue.

sHORTY

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dench looks good in the normal theme, but the Dark theme appears to have some issues. Let me look into this tonight.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Could not be happier with this upgrade. [smile] Thanks to all involved!
~Enbloc

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was about to say it looks great, but not quite yet. Check out the one on the right (#2). It has more contrast on the Geisselle box than the one on the left with the "SERE said:... Any chance on this..." "Noted. I'll see what I can do."

See how the one on the right is easier to distinguish?NES styles.PNG

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98%
48   1   0
sHORTY,

On a quote the orange is pretty light. Can you please darken it to the same shade as the orange shading around "New" over on the left?

I'm running default style.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve changed my mind.

The functionality of posting from a mobil device when you want to do anything besides type a post is virtually unusable.

When I try to simply highlight and bold text half the time clicking the B returns me to the NES home page!

Just tried. Notice no bold text in this post? That’s because I cannot. It sends me back to the home page.

Also, when clicking in the window to type, it shoots the window down to the bottom of the screen where the keyboard pops of over it so I can’t see what I’m typing unless manually scrolling up. And if I accidentally click out of the window, so the keyboard goes away, clicking back in restarts the process.

And because there is no more “go advanced” option, which takes you to a page exclusive for posting without the rest of the thread, I’m constantly getting shot up the thread anytime I click out of the posting window.

Top Bottom