Post-Downtime Thread

sHORTY

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please consolidate all of your questions/comments/concerns about the upgrade in this thread. I'll merge duplicates into here or delete them as appropriate.

I made the decision to open the forum up ahead of schedule as most functionality has been restored.

With that said, please let me know if you see something that is broken, missing, or just not right.

There are going to be things that are different, and some things that you're just going to have to deal with, but I'll do my best to accommodate most concerns.

Known Issues:
  • "Homepage" is currently not functioning
  • Some quick links up top are missing (classifieds, training)
  • Thumbnail images in classifieds are missing
  • The "Dark" theme need some tweaking
    • You might want to switch back to the default theme in the meantime - you can adjust this at the very bottom of the page
  • Trader is currently missing (don't worry, your ratings have not been lost)
  • https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/funny-picture-and-video-of-the-day-megathread.142080/unread is broken.
    • It's working now, just slowly... working on this.

Last edited:

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looks good! Tha is for making a default theme, as well as dark. I cannot deal with websites that are only a dark theme. It kills my eyes.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
It looks funny. ;).

It seems the biggest thing is getting used to different colors/tones. I appreciate what the troops do to keep NES running. Who am I to complain???

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Oh my phone, the screen is rather cluttered before I see the actual stuff I care about. Can we reduce that? I probably don't need to always see the "needs your help" post. Plus the stuff below it might be more compact.

Screenshot_20191028-140829_Brave.jpg

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Looks nice, will take some time to find everything again.

Like that the vendors and trainers and stuff have been collapsed by default.

Do not like:
- The bolding of "Like" to show it was clicked. I think Like/Unlike is easier to quickly tell at a glance, personally.

Last edited:

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Like every software upgrade, it takes a while to get used to the new look. My only request is to be able to set the thread sequence show that the newest post shoes first. I'm just weird that way.

MachineHead

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
-Typing on a cellphone has become a lot easier.
- I usually use the Dark Mode and the icons up top were invisible until I switched to Default Mode.
-Is there a way to switch to a Desktop version if one chooses?

-Thanks for this update. It’s amazing!

milktree

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
itemreaction
table functionalityThey work now! FREAKIN' AWESOME!
"hide thread"I'd really love there to be a "hide thread" next to "watch thread" for all those threads that I never want to see again

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
<whine>Text in the header and footer is hard to see (grey on steel blue) when using the Dark Theme.</whine>

<cheese>So far, no glitches, and the body of the pages looks better in the Dark Theme</cheese>

Top Bottom