• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Post collapse - prepared?

IMO the biggest threat that faces preppers, is complacency.

Thinking that you're ready for anything.

At best, you can get the odds a bit more in your favor Unless you have prior warning that nobody else has, a bugout to Firebase Delta is gonna be trouble.

If you're bugging in, turning away the neighbor that you don't hate, that has the 6-month-old and needs clean water for formula, is gonna be tough.

You're contradicting yourself here.

The biggest threat preppers face is the complacency of their neighbors and others who have been given all the information, have the financial means to act, but cannot break their lifelong cycle of denial of the world going to hell in a hand basket.

Turning away that neighbor who sat on his ass, neglected to prepare for himself and family will not be difficult. The old saw of "If anything happens, I'm coming to your house" doesn't resonate anymore and never did with me.
I'm not taking in "wards" under the worst possible conditions. I despise the dependent sheeple attitude now and I certainly won't support it in harder times.

You're contradicting yourself here.

The biggest threat preppers face is the complacency of their neighbors and others who have been given all the information, have the financial means to act, but cannot break their lifelong cycle of denial of the world going to hell in a hand basket.

Turning away that neighbor who sat on his ass, neglected to prepare for himself and family will not be difficult. The old saw of "If anything happens, I'm coming to your house" doesn't resonate anymore and never did with me.
I'm not taking in "wards" under the worst possible conditions. I despise the dependent sheeple attitude now and I certainly won't support it in harder times.

A few of my friends usually make that remark. I always tell them if thy show up they better be bringing things with them or they ain't coming in! It's ok anyhow I might not even be there!

A few of my friends usually make that remark. I always tell them if thy show up they better be bringing things with them or they ain't coming in! It's ok anyhow I might not even be there!

I was drinking with some old high school buddies, and one of them said "hey man, when the zombies happen I am coming to your house". I told him if he showed up looking to leach off me I would shoot him in the face. Since then, when we all get together that story comes up and everyone laughs awkwardly.

Just tell them... "Gas, grass, or ass, everyone has to pay." [rofl2]

Just tell them... "Gas, grass, or ass, everyone has to pay." [rofl2]

Why not just tell them the truth?

Beating around the bush with 1960s humor doesn't get the message across to hardcore sloths.

First off, who do these people think they are thinking they can just parachute themselves into the gracious care and preparations of others? This "helping one's self to other's property and space" is simply selfish disregard and blatant disrespect.

Would they walk into someone's home and sit at their dinner table uninvited, expecting to be fed, or pull into their driveway and start washing their car? No? Then what the F makes them think that they can just come in for a landing at someone's place in hard times,........empty handed?

The real insult is as I said, they have the fore knowledge, the financial means and the physical ability to act to prepare for themselves and their family but cannot overcome their selfishness, their denial and their desire to be a consumer(of other's fruitful labor) and follower rather than a provider and leader.

Choose your survival tribe carefully and keep the obvious, perpetual, non contributing "millstones" away.

I have a short list who are invited to 'The Retreat', they all have skills that I need and supplies/tools that I need, and I have been telling to stock more. Whether they do or not is another story.

X-Ranger, School Teacher, Trapper, Hunter (both have extensive game prep skills), Dental Tech. Others are not invited - if they 'tag along' with some that are, they have a choice leave or never leave. NO ONE knows everything about how much or what I have prepped and it will stay that way until the everyone arrives when the balloon goes up. I don't want that knowledge out with people who aren't going to be here.

If they arrive with a car and nothing in it besides mouths to feed (none of the stuff they should have) I send them back for it.

This may sound harsh, but think about it, there will be no resupply for months at least (plan years) and a life boat can only carry so many, put too many in and you all drown.

Last edited:
I know a guy who says - if you want help getting prepped now ill go out of my way to help you. But if you show up later empty handed , especially after this conversation , I will shoot you in the face.

I know a guy who says - if you want help getting prepped now ill go out of my way to help you. But if you show up later empty handed , especially after this conversation , I will shoot you in the face.

That's a pretty good two line summary of what everyone should be telling their "friends".

I just hope everyone remembers their local/state/federal 'rep' that told them "Screw You - we are smarter than you" when shtf. Tar & Feathers are in order.

I just hope everyone remembers their local/state/federal 'rep' that told them "Screw You - we are smarter than you" when shtf. Tar & Feathers are in order.

And I hope everyone realizes that many of those same people will align with whatever power base materializes out of the ashes to liberate your supplies. It will be for the children...

I was thinking more like fuel, food or firearms. [smile]

ammo too, ammo would work. or batteries, or night vision, or FLIR, or....well force multipliers are always welcome

I just hope everyone remembers their local/state/federal 'rep' that told them "Screw You - we are smarter than you" when shtf. [STRIKE=.]Tar & Feathers[/STRIKE] Trials and hangings are in order.

FIFY. Notice I do not espouse them being hanged without a trial. [wink]

Q: Did you swear an oath to uphold the laws of this country and to protect this document?
Q: The Constitution?
Q: Against all enemies?
Q: Foreign or domestic?
Q: Do you realize violation of that oath is treason, and punishable by death?
A: Well, uh.....
Q: Did you see here where it said 'shall not be infringed'?
A: Well, yes but.....it was FOR THE CHILDREN!

Prosecution rests.

You are hereby sentenced to hang by the neck until you are dead, dead, dead. May God have mercy on your statist excuse for a soul.

And I hope everyone realizes that many of those same people will align with whatever power base materializes out of the ashes to liberate your supplies. It will be for the children...

Not if they've had justice served. How long do you think Linsky will last once the EBT cards in Framingham stop working? My guess is....not long.

Back
Top Bottom