Possum Hollow trimmer

Has any one used one of these. I saw a video on You tube of a guy showing how to use one attached to a drill with their power adapter. I couldn't believe the speed that he was doing them at.

Their website also says they sell a deburring tool to use the same way.

Are they as good as they say or a waste of money.

I just got one in off of a backorder from midway.
I will post a review after I get some miles on it.

Steve

Finally got mine in from backorder. I just spun up ten cases to try it out and possum hollow beats out my Lee zip trim by a long shot. I picked up the power adapter to run it in a hand drill and all you do is push on the case and a dew seconds later it's trimmed. Also leaves a minimum bur that a couple of turns by hand takes it right off.

What does this POSSUM HOLLOW tool locate on???

In other words, there has to be some part of the brass that the trimming tool locates on to assure that it trims to the proper length.

Is it locating on the shoulder of the brass neck?

Some tools locate to the back of the cartridge base (pin through the flash hole to a stop on the holder).

If it's locating on the face of the necked shoulder, there should be some shiny spinning marks on the face of the neck.

From their site

"The KWICK CASE TRIMMER differs from other trimmers in that it indexes from the datum of the cartridge case shoulder in the same manner as a headspace gauge. This eliminates the need for both shellholders, pilots, and speeds up the trimming process.
"

Back
Top Bottom