• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Possibly New Orleans Bound

Just to let everyone know that I may be headed to New Orleans in a couple of days. So, if you don't hear from me for a while, you'll know why.

If I'm not going, you'll hear from me by Tuesday or Wednesday, hopefully.

Thank you Nickle

Angel_anim.gif

It looks like the cavalry has finally arrived, so I don't think it's going to be lawless anymore. You're doing a good thing. Make sure to sample the local cuisine. My favorite was the shimp etouffe (sp? pronounced Eh-two-fay) poor-boy sandwich.

To my brothers, friends and to all the people of Louisiana and other States devastated by the hurricane Katrina...

My family is praying for your immediate recovery and relief from this calamity caused by this super tropical cyclone.

My family and I were saddened after learning that so many people, women, the elderly and children, have already died due to the effect of this catastrophe, and those who have survived are on the brink of hunger and even deseases.

Our heart grieves... for the old and the children...

I have four kids .. I just could not imagine the suffering of innocent children.

May God bless those poor souls.

Have we heard if he's headed out yet?

A friend of ours was called up to go down. I'm not sure what part his unit was headed to, but he was told he'd be there for a few weeks.

I think he's gone. I saw a ticker on NECN's news the other night that the Vermont NG was going down there.

About 100 guys from Nickel's unit are going, including, I think, his son. Nickel is not going; Washington didn't want to spend to send a mechanic down there . :)

Ross

Well, as Ross said, I didn't go. James (our son) did, though. The only reason I didn't go was they capped the numbers going, and wouldn't send Maintenance support for the vehicles. Good thing some of the troops are mechanics.

James called up and spoke to my wife Monday Night, and said it's horrible down there. I won't go into specifics, but between the bodys and the smell, it's bad.

Back
Top Bottom