Possibly moving to ri , some basic questions comparing ma and ri

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I live in Mass and have a RI carry permit. Yes you can bring all your guns to RI and posses them in your home and travel to the range. Concerning the 3 possible towns of choice I would call Sven or Skye at Elite Indoor Pistol range, (401) 792-7000, in South Kingston they or one of their instructors should be able to answer questions about which town might be best. Elite is open to the public as well as having memberships. Nice place.
The guy posted that he was thinking about moving back in 2015. This is an old thread that someone necro'ed. I think the guy moved by now, or didn't [laugh]

dhuze

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
An island surrounded by land on three sides
I moved to rhode island bit I still have a mass Id would I still be able to buy a gun? I can clear the background check I'm just not sure if they would allow it because It says i live in Massachusetts even though I live in east providence rhode island. Any answers would be much appreciated.
You can only buy a handgun in a state in which you reside. Long guns and shotguns can be purchased, but no matter the state you live in, you still have a 7 day wait, unless you have a Chief of Police CC permit.

Also, the state says you need to change your residency when you move here. I have no idea what the penalty is if you don’t.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Karma (Limit first two requests) - 1 Army-L target shipped via US Snail to anyone needing to RI qualify. Any NRA instructor is accepted for the qualification signature. Please do not claim this unless you are actually going to use it for the RI qualification. Thanks

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Very poor wording:

§ 11-47-15. Proof of ability required for license or permit.

No person shall be issued a license or permit to carry a pistol or revolver concealed upon his or her person until he or she has presented certification as prescribed in § 11-47-16 that he or she has qualified with a pistol or revolver of a caliber equal to or larger than the one he or she intends to carry
"Well, I intended to carry a 9x19 so I qualified with one of those, but then got a great deal on a fotay but since I qualified with one equal to or larger than the one I intended to carry I meet the requirement".

pinefd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I moved to rhode island bit I still have a mass Id would I still be able to buy a gun? I can clear the background check I'm just not sure if they would allow it because It says i live in Massachusetts even though I live in east providence rhode island. Any answers would be much appreciated.
I have a RI non-resident LTC, and a RI Blue Card, but since my primary residence is still in MA (we also own a summer home in RI), I cannot purchase a gun in RI. I was told that I need to officially change my primary residence to RI before I can purchase a gun in RI, and be able to present a RI driver's license or state issued ID card in addition to the Blue Card (or LTC) in order purchase in RI.

Frank

Top Bottom