• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Possible winter project

SKS Ray

NES Member
opu54_003.jpg

VZ54 Czech sniper rifles are too expensive for my wallet, but with a nice barreled action, some affordable Mosin parts, an aftermarket stock, mount, and POSP scope, I think I can get a pretty close copy.

This wouldn't be a sporterized Mosin deer rifle, but with the help of a few friends I know and some winter nights at the work bench, I think its a doable project.

interesting. Is there any barrel work involved, like recrowning of the mosin? Am I right to assume that these vz54's were based off of mosin nagant parts? They sure look like it anyways.

Very cool though. And a very sweet project idea.

interesting. Is there any barrel work involved, like recrowning of the mosin? Am I right to assume that these vz54's were based off of mosin nagant parts? They sure look like it anyways.

Very cool though. And a very sweet project idea.

There are heavy target barrels available already crowned and ready to fit. If I go that route I'll have someone do the barrel swap and headspace, then I'd wind up sending it out for a complete re-bluing. Thats something I could always do after the initial build though.
They are pretty much a complete Mosin design with a turned down bolt. An M39 barreled action would be what I'd use to start. I just have to start looking.

Back
Top Bottom