Possible new glock carbine

German NORLITE Carbine Conversion Kits for Glock Pistols -

The Norlite USK-G conversion kits are compatible with the following models of Gen 3, Gen 4 or Gen 5 Glock pistols: G17, G19, G45, G34, G22, G23, G24, G35, G31 and G32. These kits are available in the following configurations:

• Standard: Length – 465mm (18.3″); Barrel length – 294mm (11.6″); Weight – 2,950g (6.5lbs)
  • Compact: Length – 420mm (16.5″); Barrel length – 254mm (10″); Weight – 2,780g (6.13 lbs)
  • Compact-D: Length – 420mm (16.5″); Barrel length – 228mm (9″); Weight – 2,690g (5.93 lbs)
  • Sub-Compact: Length – 380mm (15″); Barrel length – 214mm (8.4″); Weight – 2,650g (5.84 lbs)
The base price of Norlite USK-G conversion kits is €1,280 (about $1,380) to €1350 ($1,460) depending on the model/size.

I think this will be a growing market. I have the micro-roni and absolutely love it.

I’d be interested if it was under 50 ounces with the frame. I’m guessing the handguard area covering the barrel would count as a barrel shroud. This receiver with a folding brace would be a sweet little PDW in MA... if it met the weight.

I have the MechTech and tbh I kinda wish I had just bought a 9mm carbine of some sort. Guy at the club let me shoot his Roni and it felt too small and cramped for me.

I guess if I had a dedicated lower for it Id feel better about it. It does look pretty sleek though. Will a P80 fit on it?

I’d be interested if it was under 50 ounces with the frame. I’m guessing the handguard area covering the barrel would count as a barrel shroud. This receiver with a folding brace would be a sweet little PDW in MA... if it met the weight.

Shortest one is 6 lbs. Why does the weight matter if it has a brace on it? It's got the magazine in the grip. Sorry, Mass aw laws make my head hurt.

It's still a Glock 19 or whatever by Mass law, so you take the contraption off and weigh it.

Last edited:
I guess if I had a dedicated lower for it Id feel better about it. It does look pretty sleek though. Will a P80 fit on it?

I doubt it, the way the Glock lower fits into the carbine upper is pretty precise, using the Glock rail as part of the mount.

The P80 nay be a clone on the inside and rails, but the outside is completely different which is why you can't use holsters for Glocks with P80's

Shortest one is 6 lbs. Why does the weight matter if it has a brace on it? It's got the magazine in the grip. Sorry, Mass aw laws make my head hurt.
It may not as long as you don’t have threads on the barrel. Most pistols have coverings over the barrels, so I personally don’t see this new upper receiver as having a barrel shroud, but the state might.

It may not as long as you don’t have threads on the barrel. Most pistols have coverings over the barrels, so I personally don’t see this new upper receiver as having a barrel shroud, but the state might.

one version doesn't have a threaded barrel. So with a brace and no threaded barrel, seems like it should be MA legal just like the RONI.

I've never seen one of these conversion kits up close. How do they work? Does the bullet exit the factory pistol barrel and then enter a second barrel, and if so, is it relying solely on both barrels lining up? Or is something more complex going on here with a replacement long barrel? I wouldn't think the latter, as how would the browning action work then. Just that the thought of a barrel to barrel shot makes me nervous for some reason.

Watch the video. It looked like a separate feed ramp was installed in the Glock frame and then the whole assembly was slid into the carbine upper. Didn't you get the part about "Installieren Sie die Zufuherrampe im Veriegelungsblock des Glock-Griffstucks."? The Glock slide and barrel were left on the bench. This might be interesting for someone embedded in the Glock system.

Chris

Last edited:
I've never seen one of these conversion kits up close. How do they work? Does the bullet exit the factory pistol barrel and then enter a second barrel, and if so, is it relying solely on both barrels lining up? Or is something more complex going on here with a replacement long barrel? I wouldn't think the latter, as how would the browning action work then. Just that the thought of a barrel to barrel shot makes me nervous for some reason.

It's similar to the mech-tech. Take the slide off of glock, set it aside.

Drop adapter into glock frame, (this is the "ramp" to the chamber). Visualize the NorLite as an upper with slide rail cuts and the Glock frame as a "lower". Connect the lower to the upper using the slide rails.

Now you have a glock lower (magazine in grip), with a very large slide that doesn't slide - because it has a blowback action - that has a foregrip and stock.

It's similar to the mech-tech. Take the slide off of glock, set it aside.

Drop adapter into glock frame, (this is the "ramp" to the chamber). Visualize the NorLite as an upper with slide rail cuts and the Glock frame as a "lower". Connect the lower to the upper using the slide rails.

Now you have a glock lower (magazine in grip), with a very large slide that doesn't slide - because it has a blowback action - that has a foregrip and stock.

Thanks for the detailed description. That type of design I would feel confident about.

Gartman Arms (MA) had those in stock at one point last year for $1,750. They also had a Zenith the year prior. My only concern is that if you ever changed your mind about the 16" barrel, you have very few options from there. Cutting might be the only realistic form of SBR'ing an MP5 carbine, and that could be messy. This platform wasn't made with easy barrel swaps in mind.

Gartman Arms (MA) had those in stock at one point last year for $1,750. They also had a Zenith the year prior. My only concern is that if you ever changed your mind about the 16" barrel, you have very few options from there. Cutting might be the only realistic form of SBR'ing an MP5 carbine, and that could be messy. This platform wasn't made with easy barrel swaps in mind.

True, I would pay someone to do that work no way I would do that myself. If only everything was as easy to swap as an uzi...

how do you like the mechtech system really debating on getting it or a roni or neither and going for a sub2000

I had a mech-tech upper for a Glock 17/34 lower. It's neat, but it's gone - sold it to a friend of mine.
I bought it because it was a way for me to have a legal 9mm carbine in CT.
It's heavy, and when Ruger came out with their PCC, I bought the PCC and got rid of the mech-tech.

how do you like the mechtech system really debating on getting it or a roni or neither and going for a sub2000
Meh, its a range toy. Fun to shoot. I'd probably like it more if i had a spare glock frame i could dedicate to it. Not that its much of a chore to switch them or anything.

Like Allen said, it's heavy. Guy at the club let me shoot his roni (no homo) and it felt too small and scrunched up for me. No experience with the sub2k.

Meh, its a range toy. Fun to shoot. I'd probably like it more if i had a spare glock frame i could dedicate to it. Not that its much of a chore to switch them or anything.

Like Allen said, it's heavy. Guy at the club let me shoot his roni (no homo) and it felt too small and scrunched up for me. No experience with the sub2k.

P80 frames fit quite well. I have one in G19 and G20

Mech Tech has been making these for years, just not as sophisticated.
I think I need one...

Back
Top Bottom