• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Possible EOTech problems

So the last time I was in -40 was never and I've seen 105 maybe. Maybe. I understand the potential danger but wouldn't your battery crap just as bad at either of those extremes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not just the extremes. The zero CONTINUOUSLY floats as the temp varies. It doesn't "go back to zero" when the temp goes back to what it was when you zeroed it.

So the longer you go without rezeroing it, the further the zero can get from actual.

It's not just the extremes. The zero CONTINUOUSLY floats as the temp varies. It doesn't "go back to zero" when the temp goes back to what it was when you zeroed it.

So the longer you go without rezeroing it, the further the zero can get from actual.

Guess I misunderstood that part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Additionally 122 degrees is common in the Middle East. I've seen higher. So being of by 4MOA in Iraq was probably not just a possibility, but reality.

It doesn't mean every one is going to be minute of barn after a short time, but when you're literally handing them out to people you're intentionally putting in harms way and their life depends on it, it's a pretty big dick move to try and cover up a serious short coming in your equipment.

4MOA is 12" at 300 yards, so it's pretty significant when you're already limited by the reticle size at that distance.

I was expecting to see the lens delaminating issue brought up. They "fixed" mine twice and finally offered a $275 credit towards a new model

When I drop $400+ on a sight that claims to be parallax free then that crap better be parallax free. I pay a premium for premium features.

It's fairly certain that at its core, a sighting system needs to be at least as reliable as iron sights. it's fair to say the EoTech isn't fitting that bill.

Additionally 122 degrees is common in the Middle East. I've seen higher. So being of by 4MOA in Iraq was probably not just a possibility, but reality.

I've seen it around 120-130 out in the field when I was stationed at Ft Bliss Texas.

I've seen it -40 in the field, working with the Canadian Army, just north of northern Maine. 2 PM, sun shining and a 20 MPH wind. That's up by Mont Joli, and it's about 600 miles by road from Boston.

Both of those exceed the temperatures in town by a little. And, that's to be expected.

Temperature compensated optics are tough over .mil ranges - not surprised there is drift. However that drift should be repeatable (returns very close to zero once back at the temp it was zeroed at)

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

Although I've only had the EOTech for a short while, I had 2 AimPoint Comps shut down on me after a few shots on my AR! Sent back to Sweden for repair, came back and same thing happened again, sent back to Aimpoint a second time and again same problem! I'm done with Aimpoint!! I'm going to be dumping both of them.

You're the second person to quote Dave on this matter, and that's enough for me. I ditched my 512 a little over a year ago, and went with a PRO this spring. I plan on putting the PRO on something else and putting a T-1 on my go to rifle. Though the MRO from Triji looks pretty sexy with a larger objective and not much larger footprint than a T-1. I got to fondle one at a class, but didn't get to shoot it, and am looking forward to trying it out for real.

I'll offer $75, since I'm not a "smooth operator" and don't operate in those temperature extremes, I'm unlikely to see the delta at the range.

That said, it is disappointing that a costly, high end product fraudulently marketed their equipment to the gov't putting our military at risk in extreme conditions, which is the norm for their operations.

I will be forwarding that info to 2 Federal Agents that I'm friends with, as they may find the info useful.

Some of us have been saying EOturds suck for a long time. I lost faith even before my 512 had the battery box recall and the solution was to send out a do it yourself kit....

The CTO replied that the “sight would have [a] problem at -40 deg even at 1x due
to excessive parallax error” and that “[t]he parallax error even at 32 deg F is 12 moa, at 5 deg F (the
temperature outside right now) is > 20 moa. . . . It is not an acceptable performance. People have
to know what need to be done so they can start planning for it. . . . Sometimes the truth is the best
answer.”
64. In other words, even at 32 degrees Fahrenheit, the sight’s accuracy varied by 12
inches per 100 yards, and at 5 degrees, the sight’s accuracy varied by more than 20 inches per 100
yards.

So you zero at 68F, lower temp by 36F and it's off a FOOT at 100yds. That's pretty absurd.

Spin it as looking out for the best interest of the goats. A foot down at a hundred yards so center mass at a buck 50 is a crotch shot now. Easy spin to say we are saving the goat by shooting one goat f ***er in the d*** at a time.

Seriously annoying no matter where you end up on this however. Either your trusting your life to a complete piece. Or you just dropped 5 bills on something that doesn't work

Back
Top Bottom