Portland Mayor bans use of Tear Gas for Crowd Control & Facial Recognition Tech during the endless rioting "Use Other Means to tamp down the violence"

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Mayor Wheeler Directive On the Use of CS Gas

During the last hundred days Portland, Multnomah County and State Police have all relied on Tear Gas where there is a threat to life safety. We need something different. We need it now.

Arson, vandalism, and violence are not going to drive change in this community. I expect the police to arrest people who engage in criminal acts. I expect the District Attorney to prosecute those who commit criminal acts. And I expect the rest of the criminal justice system to hold those individuals accountable. We must stand together as a community against violence and for progress.

I call on everyone to step up and tamp down the violence. I’m acting. It’s time for others to join me.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Fuel on the fire. There needs to be something in place to immediately remove MF’s like this from office who’re intentionally allowing the destruction of an entire city. Drag his ass out of the office and toss him to the rioting mob.

Last edited:

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Portland enacts most stringent facial recognition technology ban in US, barring public, some private use

The ordinances bar the use of facial recognition technology by city agencies and on public property within the city, but also prohibit its use "by private entities in places of public accommodation.

Facial recognition technology violates the public’s personal privacy and has “a demonstrated gender and racial bias,” Wheeler said, according to OPB.com.

“Technology exists to make our lives easier, not for public and private entities to use as a weapon against the very citizens they serve and accommodate,” the Democratic mayor reportedly said.

Last edited:

G Port

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
somewhere there has to be a video of Ted Wheeler with a big, black BLM c*** in his mouth

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Portland enacts most stringent facial recognition technology ban in US, barring public, some private use

The ordinances bar the use of facial recognition technology by city agencies and on public property within the city, but also prohibit its use "by private entities in places of public accommodation.

Facial recognition technology violates the public’s personal privacy and has “a demonstrated gender and racial bias,” Wheeler said, according to OPB.com.

“Technology exists to make our lives easier, not for public and private entities to use as a weapon against the very citizens they serve and accommodate,” the Democratic mayor reportedly said.
I actually agree with this because if you want to know where facial recognition leads, just look at China and the UK.

The banning non-lethals is absurb, unless of course you're gonna let the police break out the belt feds.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
I actually agree with this because if you want to know where facial recognition leads, just look at China and the UK.

The banning non-lethals is absurb, unless of course you're gonna let the police break out the belt feds.
It won't be equally applied. Gun shops, churches, and militias yes, commies in black beating people to death with skateboards no.

nutsym16

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The cops should announce they are having a rally at the mayor's house and see what happens.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
is the mayor saying Nerve gas is approved in place of tear gas? I don't follow what he is saying

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, you're saying.......we get to go old school?

1599829486726.png

Which, in all honesty, would have brought this mess to a swift conclusion with fewer overall injuries and less damage to property. It just doesn't have good 'optics'.

Climbnsink

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In theory if you had communist riots in your city supported by elected officials instead of taking your theoretical militia to town to engage the rioting commies wouldn't it be far better to simply eliminate the elected officials? Don't go doing either of those things of course, this is just a theoretical question on tactics.

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
In theory if you had communist riots in your city supported by elected officials instead of taking your theoretical militia to town to engage the rioting commies wouldn't it be far better to simply eliminate the elected officials? Don't go doing either of those things of course, this is just a theoretical question on tactics.
I would also note some police departments have shown indifference with fires, looting and tearing down monuments but if someone is attacked and defends themselves - they are dog piled on by 5 cops. This behavior puts them on the side of the rioters imo.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Maybe in some places. In Seattle the Mayor is being recalled by even FURTHER LEFT people based on using things like tear gas. So you can imagine what kind of city those people would run.

There's a point where large groups of people have no personal responsibility and they think government is the hammer for every nail. We've reached that point in at least Portland and Seattle. The cities will basically need to be left to die like Detroit did.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You're right of course. Just saying facial recognition and tracking should not be allowed.
Hard pass on facial recognition, whether they use it to identify Antifa or 2A protestors. It should be viewed like freedom of speech--"I don't like your opinion, but you should be allowed to profess it in the name of freedom." Once you start claiming to use it "for good" against "the enemy," the day will come where you are the enemy.

BTSDOG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
f*** the mayor. What can he do to the P.D. if they just do their job they way they know best, tell them to arrest each other ?? Call his bluff, otherwise he’ll have no choice but to call in the Feds, which we all know he doesn’t want to do.....

Top Bottom